The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 03/02/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 02/02/2009 in between 1615 hrs and 1630 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Mohammed C.K. (62) R/o Kelaginapete Bantwal Town by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments worth Rs. 1,98,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case of Outraging the modesty of women along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 28/01/2009 at 1700 hrs one Sushmitha (11) was on her way to home by walk at Bedrala Kemminje village Puttur Taluk the accused one unknown person came near her and tried to outrage her modesty by pulling her hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 1315 hrs in front of Karnataka Bank at Pump well Mangalore one Jaya driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5153 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Novel Ménages R/o Bikarnakatte Mangalore who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 1300 hrs in front of Cashew Factory at Kaikamba Kulashekara Mangalore one Harish driver of Tipper lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-9633 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-8821. As a result one Premanatha (25) R/o Kulashekara Mangalore rider of motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 01/02/2009 at 2130 hrs near Bunts Hostel at Mangalore one Naresh Bangera (39) R/o near Mangaladevi Temple Mangalore passenger of the unknown bus while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries. The unknown bus driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Attempt to murder has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 1930 hrs accused Ashoka, Krishna, Yogisha, Vikram and Chittharanjan came in an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-7665 and forming into an unlawful assembly near Ayyappa Temple at Deralakatte Belma village Mangalore Taluk and stopped a jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-6270 driven by one Albert D’ Souza (48) R/o Kapikad Pajeer village Bantwal Taluk and assaulted him with iron rod and tried to kill him owing to previous enmity.
- A case under Criminal trespass, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 1430 hrs accused Karmina Monthero, Thomas Monthero, Meri Monthero and other two persons criminally trespassed into the land at Bolangady Panemangalore village Bantwal Taluk belonging to Lucy Throes and criminally restrained Janardhana Poojary (58) R/o Panemangalore village Bantwal Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with stone and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Ploce Station. On 31/01/2009 at 2000 hrs accused one Santhosha assaulted one Jacob (42) R/o Bannadka Kunthoor village Puttur Taluk with wooden stick near his house and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 1640 hrs on credible information Sulaiman M. CISF Constable Panambur Mangalore conducted a raid on open place at Brith No.11 NMPT Panambur Mangalore and seized 12 liquor bottles (each 750 ML) of worth Rs. 3,500/ by arresting Dinakara M.C, Kodandan (54) and Sharief that were kept illegal there. The case handed over to Panambur Police for conducting further investigation.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 02/02/2009 at 1100 hrs one Shashikara Poojary (45) R/o near Ponneccharu Mutta Pranthya village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house owing to financial problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 02/02/2009 in between 0900 hrs and 1700 hrs one Ashoka Kotian (38) committed suicide by hanging at Hoigegudde Amttoru village Bantwal Taluk owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 187
Fine amounts collected: 18, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.