The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 13/02/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 11/02/2009 at 1930 hrs and 12/02/2009 at 0900 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into Horticulture Office at Bendoor Mangalore by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Computer worth Rs. 10, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cheating, SC/ST Prevention of Atrocity act along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station where in it is alleged that one Peter had sexual intimacy with a Twenty four year girl of Alangaru Ashraya colony Marpady village Mangalore Taluk belonging to Koraga community by promising to marry her and cheated her. On 04/01/2009 other accused Meri, Sipri, Aneetha and Hendry gave life threat to her.
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Hurt has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station on the complaint of one Farzeen (23) W/o Ashraf R/o Bolmadu Herebandady village Puttur Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Ashraf (husband) gave physical and mental harassment to Farzeen to bring more dowry and assaulted her by hand.
Road Traffic Accidents: 06
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station where in one John P.V. (74) was declared dead while under treatment on 12/02/2009 at 0425 hrs. The said John P.V. was seriously injuries by a bus in a road traffic accident on 01/02/2009 at 1145 hrs at Rannady Gadardy village Belthangady Taluk and admitted to Fr Muller Hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case of road traffic accident was already registered in Belthangady Police Station.
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 1530 hrs at Kuvetthila Kabaka village Puttur Taluk one Damodhara driver of Pick up jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-21-7040 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner due which one Ananda (30) R/o Kedila village Bantwal Taluk passenger of the said Pick up jeep thrown out of the Pick up jeep and sustained serious injuries. Further he was admitted to Mahaveera hospital at Puttur where he declared dead while under treatment on same day at 1645 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 0845 hrs near KPT junction at Kadri Hills Mangalore one unknown rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-9491 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-1522. As a result scooter rider John Fernandez R/o Derebail Mangalore and Prameela Fernadez pillion rider of said scooter sustained simple injuries. The unknown scooter rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 0800 hrs at Kodakkal Kannur village Mangalore Taluk one driver of Bullet Tanker lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-01-C-6159 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Tipper lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-KL-08-X-9032. As a result Tipper lorry driver Abbas S. (56) R/o Valacchil Padavu Arkula village Mangalore Taluk and Sharif cleaner of the said lorry sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 11/02/2009 at 1415 hrs in front of Souza Electronic Shop at Belthangady Town one Adam rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-5890 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Rakesh a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 10/02/2009 at 1545 near Forest Nursery at Mundaje village Belthangady Taluk one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-5484 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Anthony P.J (48) R/o Kuntady Thotathady village Belthangady Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 12/02/2009 in between 1600 hrs and 1700 hrs one Babu Poojary (65) R/o Padupaljalu Yeliyanadugod village Bantwal Taluk accidentally fell down from a Palm tree near his house while removing toddy and got seriously injuries and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 08/02/2009 at 1100 hrs one Ranjani (17) D/o Chandrahasa R/o Mullugudde Hirebandady village Puttur Taluk left her house and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 244
Fine amounts collected: 30, 700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.