The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 21/02/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 19/02/2009 in between 1930 hrs and 2000 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-2372 belonging to one Abdul Kunhi R/o Ramakunja village Puttur Taluk that was parked near Aruna Theatre at Puttur Town. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 25,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1700 hrs near Kruthi Apartment at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AE-9122 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-14-V-0439. As a result Jinoyadas (24) R/o Kerala State rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 18/02/2009 at 1100 hrs at Bhramarakootlu Bantwal Town one Rajesh rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8332 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Khalid (20) R/o Sajipamunnuru village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 13/02/2009 at 2000 hrs at Puttur Town one Sandeep rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-9809 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Moosa Kunhi (63) R/o Aryapu village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt, Criminal intimidation along with SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1730 hrs accused one Vivek Rai abused one Dinesha N (20) R/o Noojila Yedamangala village Sullia Taluk in filthy language near Canteen compound at Peruvaje First grade college Peruvaje village Sullia Taluk and referring to his caste and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 19/02/2009 at 1215 hrs accused Mahalinga and Subramanya abused one Mahabaleshwara R/o Maila Kollamogru village Sullia Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 20/02/2009 at 1045 hrs one Sumanaji Heggadthi (35) R/o Niddaje Hosamane Marody village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide by pouring kerosene on herself near her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 14/01/2009 at 1000 hrs one Shajida @ Anisha (17) R/o Kalleri Karaya village Belthangady Talu went to Vidya Tutorial Class at Uppinangady Town and did not return her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 333
Fine amounts collected: 30, 200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.