The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 18/02/2009.
- A case under Rioting along with Murder has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 18/02/2009 at 0930 hrs accused unknown 7 to 8 culprits came in a car and forming in to unlawful assembly and assaulted one Santhosha @ Santhu with sword near Bus stand at Badakabail Kariyangala village Bantwal Taluk owing to previous enmity. Further Santhosha @ Santhu was succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On the intervening night of 16-17/02/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Sri Laxmi Narasimha Temple at Kottragutthu Amblamogaru village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Panchaloha ornaments and Khanike Hundi. The total value of stolen worth Rs.20, 300/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Kidnapping along with Outraging modesty of woman has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 17/02/2009 at 1030 hrs accused one Sukesha Kidnapped one Prashanthi (16) D/o Pandu R/o Pandu Konaje Moodukonje village Mangalore Taluk was on her way to home by walk and outraged her modesty by pulling her hand.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 16/02/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Tharanatha, Jayantha, Keshava and Chidananda abused one Yashodha R/o Mettinadka Nalkoor village Sullia Taluk in filthy language at Gundadka Colony Nalkoor village Sullia Taluk and assaulted her son by hand owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 17/02/2009 at 0745 hrs at Boluvar Puttur Town one Shivanna driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-21-F-2333 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-5876. As a result motorcycle rider Yashodhara and Rohith pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 1500 hrs at Apperipade Vittal Town one rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-02-EA-3388 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Meenakshi (65) R/o Kepu village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 17/02/2009 at 1400 hrs accused Shankara, Laxmana, Prashantha, Srikantha, Thimmappa, Rajesh, Lokesha, Jaya, Ravi and other three persons forming into unlawful assembly at Masthikatte Moodabidre Mangalore and criminally restrained one Sukesha (23) R/o Kapikadu Thodaru village Mangaloire Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 15/02/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Vijaya, Shekara and Santhu abused one Nithin R/o Solthady Kariyangala village Bantwal Taluk in filthy language at Sanooru Padavu Kariyangala village Bantwal Taluk and assaulted him with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 17/02/2009 at 0700 hrs on credible information PSI Bantwal Town PS along with staff intercepted a Maruti Alto car bearing Reg. No. KL-11-Y-9737 at Bhramakootlu Kallige village Bantwal Taluk and seized 13 cans of spirit (each 35 Lts.) worth Rs. 31,850/ from the car which was being transported illegally. The said Maruti car has also been seized. Maruti car driver however escaped from the place. The total value of property seized is worth Rs.2, 50,000/.
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 11/02/2009 at 0900 hrs one Devamma (18) D/o Guruva K. R/o Kallagudde Kalanja village Belthangady Taluk left her house and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 212
Fine amounts collected: 39, 300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.