- A case under Rioting, Hurt along with Murder has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 16/02/2009 at 0130 hrs accused Chandrahasa, Kamalaksha and three unknown persons forming into unlawful assembly at Kottara Mangalore and assaulted Ramachandra, Nishanth, Gajaraja, Manoj, Sudhrashan and Sunil with stone and sword due which one Sunil sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 14/02/2009 in between 2130 hrs and 2230 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into house belonging to one Neelayya Bhandary (48) R/o Dharkas Moodumarnadu village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the door and committed theft of pearl and gold ornaments and cash Rs.700 all in worth Rs. 24,700/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 13/02/2009 at 1400 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Splendor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-4928 belonging to one Chandranatha Bangera (26) R/o Merla Aryapu village Puttur Taluk that was parked at Peruvai Bantwal Town. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 30,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 14/02/2009 at 1730 hrs on NH 17 Pavanje junction Mangalore Taluk one Sunil Kumar driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-2905 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which car fell into a roadside ditch. As a result one Ivan Jesudas who was traveling in the said car sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 14/02/2009 at 1830 hrs on NH 48 at Kolpe Konalu village Puttur Taluk one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-21-M-1159 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Rangaswamy (20) R/o Kanchipura Chitradurga District a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 14/02/2009 at 2300 hrs at bridge at Kallagundi Sampaje village Sullia Taluk one Mohan driver of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-21-M-408 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against the bridge. As a result Mohan driver of said car sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 15/02/2009 at 2000 hrs at Harladka Amaramudnooru village Sullia Taluk accused Seetharama and Guddappa Gowda criminally restrained one Jayaprakash (19) R/o Kudumbu Amaramudnooru village Sullia Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 26/01/2009 at 1030 hrs one Kalpana (35) R/o Guruvayanaekre Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk accidentally got serious burn injuries while lighting a kerosene lamp in her house and she was admitted to A. J. hospital at Mangalore where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 15/02/2009 at 0645 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 1530 hrs one Tahniyappa Gowda (48) R/o Pancheru Uppinangady village Puttur Taluk accidentally fell down while working at Kuveccharu Uppinangady village Puttur Taluk. Further he was admitted to Yenapoya hospital at Deralakatte Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on 14/02/2009. The death seems to be due to illness.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Woman missing has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 12/02/2009 at 1230 hrs one Mamatha (28) R/o Kempumannu Kotekar village Mangalore Taluk left her house and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 403
Fine amounts collected: 34, 200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.