- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 22/02/2009 at 2100 hrs and 23/02/2009 at 1000 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the Duggamma Deranna hall at Puttur Town by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Brass pooja articles. The total value of stolen worth Rs.3, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 23/02/2009 at 1200 hrs near AMR project at Sahambhooru Bantwal Taluk one Rama Kumar driver of Tractor bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-9914 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a rock. As a result Rama Kumar sustained grievous injuries. Further he was admitted to Fr. Mullers hospital at Mangalore where in he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 1330 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 23/02/2009 at 1030 hrs at Guruvayanakere Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk one Thimmappa driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-3067 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-A-1732 driven by Moidu Kunhi (51) R/o Nethajinagara Balanja village Belthangady Taluk. As a result Narayana, Kalavathi and Jyothi (04) who where traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 23/02/2009 at 1030 hrs at Padambila Indabettu village Belthangady Taluk one Asif rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-A3080 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Maruti Esteem car. As a result Asif rider of motorcycle and pillion rider Mohammad Haneef (38) R/o Padambila Indabettu village Belthangady Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 22/02/2009 at 1515 hrs accused Medhappa Gowda, Chandrashekara and Janardhana abused one Rukmayya Gowda (47) R/o Malekerchina Kaniyuru village Puttur Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him by hand and with wooden stick. They also assaulted Vishalakshi who came to help Rukmayya Gowda by hand owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Seizure of Stolen property has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 23/02/2009 at 1845 hrs on credible information Kushalappa Gowda Head constable Mangalore North PS intercepted a Mahindra tempo vehicle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-4804 at Kanathpalli Mangalore and seized (32) wooden wall plates by arresting Ananda (21) R/o Badami Taluk Bagalakote District. It is learnt that the wooden wall plates have been stolen from Karent gudde at Ansari road Mangalore. The total value of property seized is Rs. 1,00,000/. However other accused Nasir, Shafiq, Hanif @ Puli Hanif, Hanif @ Kacha Hanif and another person managed to escape from the scene.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under NDPS Act has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 23/02/2009 at 1700 hrs on credible information ASP Puttur Sub-division, PI Puttur Town PS along with staff arrested one Zakir Hussain (40) R/o Kodiyalu Kaniyuru village Belthangady Taluk and seized Ganja (worth Rs. 2,40,000/), 04 mobile phones from his possession and a auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-3586. Police apprehended him while he was selling at Kodiyalu Kaniyuru village Belthangady Taluk. The total worth of seized property yet to be estimated.
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 20/02/2009 at 1930 hrs and 23/02/2009 at 1800 hrs one Anitha @ Veena (18) R/o Mission compound Balmatta Mangalore went out and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 269
Fine amounts collected: 21, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.