- A case of Burglary has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. In between 0900 hrs of 19/03/2009 and 1330 hrs of 19/03/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Geetha (30) R/o Hosabettu village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed a theft of Gold ornaments and Cash Rs. 500/. The worth of stolen property is Rs. 1, 68,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Outraging modesty of woman, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 1715 hrs accused one Manohara (26) R/o Kalame Sampaje village Sullia Taluk criminally restrained one Ramitha N. B. (21) at Kallugundy Sampaje village Sullia Taluk and outraged her modesty by pulling her hand and assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 18/03/2009 at 1130 hrs near Kankanady Market at Mangalore one Musthafa driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5668 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Florin D Silva R/o Atthavara Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 0800 hrs near MRPL School gate at Bala village Mangalore Taluk one Rafeeq driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-5346 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an electric pole. As a result car got damaged. No casualty reported. The driver of car escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 0600 hrs at Bedrala Kemminje village Puttur Taluk one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-21-5792 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-1032. As a result one Jithesh (19) R/o Narimogaru village Puttur Taluk rider of motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 18/03/2009 at 2200 hrs accused Laxman Gowda, Raghunatha and Sheshamma abused one Upendra Gowda (50) R/o Kanilegundy Kodiyala village Sullia Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute between them.
- A case under Negligent conduct with respect to machinery along with Causing death due to negligence (sec 304 A) has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 1150 hrs in the Ceramic Factory at Munoor village Mangalore Taluk one Jayanthi sustained serious injuries while cleaning the High-speed machine due to the negligence of owner of Tails and ceramic Factory. Further she was admitted Yenapoya hospital at Deralakatte Mangalore where she was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 1445 hrs.
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 1300 hrs accused one Shekara Shetty, Bharath, Satheesh and Rathnakara Poojary stopped a vehicle belonging to one Somashekara C.H. An Excise Inspector and his staff while they were on duty at Shadyarabettu Hosangady village Belthangady Taluk.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 19/03/2009 at 1725 hrs on credible information DySP Excise and Lottery Detention Squade Western Range Mangalore along with staff conducted a raid on open place at Manimajalu Narikombu village Bantwal Taluk and seized 45 liquor bottles (each 180 ML) of worth Rs. 1,729/ by arresting one Ramachandra (40) R/o Manimajalu Narikombu village Bantwal Taluk.
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. One Manasa (16) D/o Vittal Bhandary D. R/o Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk went to Shree Manjunatheshwara High school at Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk on 11/03/2009 at 0830 hrs and did return her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 209
Fine amounts collected: 19,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.