The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 28/03/2008.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by Husband has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station on the complaint of one Lucy Lobo (45) W/o Morris Lobo R/o Vamanjoor Thiruvailu village Mangalore Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Morris Lobo (husband) gave physical and mental harassment to one Lucy Lobo owing to family dispute.
Road Traffic Accidents: 05
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 27/03/2009 at 1715 hrs on Moodabidre-Shirthady road at Moodabidre Mangalore one Khasim rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-U-2392 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-9018. As a result one Irfan Khan rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-9018 sustained serious injuries and died on the spot.
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. Where in one Nonayya Gowda (45) has been declared dead while under treatment on 23/03/2009 at 1935 hrs. The said Nonayya Gowda (45) was seriously injured by a motorcycle in a road traffic accident on 24/03/2009 at 2000 hrs at Kuntal Palke Bandaru village Belthangady Taluk and admitted to the City hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case has been already registered in Bantwal Town Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 27/03/2009 at 2030 hrs near Petrol Pump at Olamogaru village Puttur Taluk one Vijaya Kumar rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-656 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Bridge. As a result motorcycle rider Vijaya Kumar and Pundalika pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained serious injuries. Further Pundalika succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 26/03/2009 at 2030 hrs on NH-17 at Hosabettu village Mangalore Taluk one Dinesha driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-B-3427 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Tanker bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9862. As a result one Janu (52) R/o Hosabettu village Mangalore Taluk who was traveling in the said bus sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fata Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 27/03/2009 at 1745 hrs on SH-88 at Aranthodu village Sullia Taluk one driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-12-P-555 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-51-P-3150. As a result driver of jeep sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 27/03/2009 at 2000 hrs on credible information PSI Bantwal Town PS along with staff conducted a raid on open place at Kurchipalla Narikombu village Bantwal Taluk and seized 38 liquor bottles (each 180 ML) of worth Rs. 1,400/ by arresting one Nithya @ Nithyananda (44) R/o Narikombu village Bantwal Tauk who was selling these liquor bottles illegally there.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. In between 26/03/2009 and 1800 hrs of 27/03/2009 one Ravindra Shetty (46) committed suicide by consuming poison in the Nishmitha Lodge at Moodabidre Town owing to financial problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 344
Fine amounts collected: 31,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.