- A case of Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On the night of 20/03/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry in to the Nidube Traders shop at Mucchinadka Ivarnadu village Sullia Taluk belonging to one Shareef N (28) R/o Nidube Ivarnadu village Sullia Taluk by breaking the shetter lock and committed theft of arecanut (375 kgs) worth Rs. 24,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 26/03/2009 at 1230 hrs on NH 17 at Pumpwell Kankanady village Mangalore Taluk one Shailesh driver of Maruti Vaganor car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-9035 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Rohinath Police constable of Mangalore Rural PS while he was on duty at Pumpwell Mangalore and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 21/03/2009 at 1230 hrs at Pilar cross Someshwar village Mangalore Taluk one Mahammad Iqbal K rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-6401 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Asha Ramya (03) D/o Abdul Rasheed (24) R/o Madani Nagar Munnur village Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangdy Police Station. On 25/03/2009 at 0530 hrs at Gundya Shiradi village Puttur Taluk one Ganesh driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-14-A-794 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which lorry capsized. As a result Umesha (28) R/o Halemundla Kaukradi village Puttur Taluk cleaner of said lorry and Gamesh driver of lorry sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case of Affray has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 26/03/2009 at 1030 hrs accused Bhavani Shankar, Shailesh, Shrikanth, Punith, Deekshith, Sampath, Vijaya and Sandeep picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place near University College at Mangalore. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. In between 1145 hrs of 21/03/2009 and 1000 hrs of 26/03/2009 one Madhava Gowda (35) R/o Mucchuru Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by consuming some poison owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 26/03/2009 at 1630 hrs one Shwetha (12) R/o Kolejaru Nellikaru village Mangalore Taluk got seriously injured due to heavy lightning near her house and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 414
Fine amounts collected: 30, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.