- A case of Burglary has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. In between 1800 hrs of 19/03/2009 and 0600 hrs of 20/03/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the small shed near Saint Meries Catholic Church at Kermayee Nekkilady village Puttur Taluk by breaking door lock and committed theft of 175 Rubber sheets all in worth Rs. 10,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 04
- A case under Cheating has been registered in Belthangady Police Station where in it is alleged that one Ashraf had sexual intimacy with an Eighteen-year girl of Kakyapadavu Huli village Bantwal Taluk by promising to marry her. There upon he refused to marry her and cheated her.
- A case under Rioting, Criminal trespass, Hurt, along with Outraging the modesty of woman has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 21/03/2009 at 1700 hrs accused Rafeeq and 17 persons forming into an unlawful assembly and criminally trespassed into the land belonging to one Irin Pinto (32) R/o Nadaje Bolanthoor village Bantwal Taluk and outrage the modesty her by pulling her hand and assaulted her by hand and with wooden stick owing to civil between them.
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt Criminal intimidation along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station on the complaint of one Shamima (23) W/o Mohammed Latheef R/o Dembale Kodippady village Puttur Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Mohammed Latheef (husband) and his relatives Ibrahim and Bifathumma gave physical and mental harassment to one Shamima to bring more dowry and assaulted her by hand and with iron rod and also gave life threat her.
- A case under Cruelty by husband and relatives, Dowry Prohibition act along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kavoor Police Station on the complaint of one Jacqueline Priya D’ Souza W/o Jim Kevin Watson R/o Maryhill Kavoor Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Jim Kevin Watson (husband) and his relatives Samuel Jayakar Watson and Joyce Snehaprabha Watson gave mental and physical harassment to one Jacqueline Priya D’ Souza to bring more dowry and on 18/02/2009 they also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 22/03/2009 at 0930 hrs at Kalleri Karaya village Belthangady Taluk one Baby Poojary rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-3686 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Narayana Acharya (50) a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further Narayana Acharya was admitted to A.J. hospital at Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on same day at 22/03/2009 at 1540 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 22/03/2009 at 1830 hrs near Ram Bhavan Complex at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-B-8844 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided aginst a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-133 driven by K.B. Alva (55) R/o Bejai New road Mangalore. As a result car got damaged. No casualty reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 22/03/2009 at 1400 hrs near Bhagavathi Temple at Bantwal Town one Gilbert driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9395 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against compound wall. As a result compound wall got damaged. No causalities reported. The damage caused is about Rs. 70,000/.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 22/03/2009 at 1800 hrs at Purushakatte Narimogaru village Puttur Taluk one Umesha rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-6566 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Baburaya Prabhu R/o Purushakatte Narimogaru village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass, Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 22/03/2009 at 0700 hrs accused Irin Pinto and Aneetha Shainy criminally trespassed into the premises of house belonging to Abdul Rahiman (16) R/o Nadaje Bolanthoor village Bantwal Taluk and criminally restrained him and assaulted him by hand and with sickle owing to civil dispute between them.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station .On 22/03/2009 at 1800 hrs Devin Amrith Valter (25) R/o Padil Mangalore and Oliver D’ Sa (21) accidentally slipped and washed away in the sea while they were playing at seashore Panambur and died due to drowning.
Missing Persons: 02
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. One Althaf (25) R/o Malali Mogaru village Mangalore Taluk left his house on 20/03/2009 at 1630 hrs and did not return his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
- A case of Woman missing has been registered in Ullal Police Station. One Mareena Rasheetha (23) R/o Uliya Ullal Mangalore left her house on 21/03/2009 at 1700 hrs and did not return her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 316
Fine amounts collected: 32,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.