- A case under Burglary has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 1700 hrs of 27/03/2009 and 1500 hrs of 30/03/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Shelter room of Airtel Tower at Kundalpady Aletty village Sullia Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Batteries. The stolen property is worth Rs. 24,000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 0800 hrs and 1100 hrs of 31/03/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a mobile phone, bag, ATM cards and cash Rs. 100/. belonging to one Manjusha Nambiyar Student of KVG Engineering College Sullia that was kept out side the Laboratory. The total value of stolen property is yet to be estimated.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Rioting, Hurt, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Criminal intimidation along with Cruelty by husband and his relatives has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station on the complaint of one Meenakshi (35) W/o Vamana R/o Modankapu Mooda village Bantwal Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Vaman (husband) and his relatives Babu, Sesappa, Sundari, Saraswathi, Lalitha, Vinod and others forming into an unlawful assembly and abused her in filthy language and gave physical and mental harassment to one Menakshi and assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat her.
- A case under Criminal trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Mischief of causing damage along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 31/03/2009 at 1930 hrs accused Dhananjaya and Sathyanarayana criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Merry Fernandes (35) R/o Koothkunja village Sullia Taluk and abused her in filthy language and damaged the glass of Pick up vehicle and also gave life threat to her. The damage caused is Rs. 7,000/.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 01/04/2009 at 1430 hrs in front of Dhanyawad Hotel Hampankatta Mangalore one Mohammed Kunhi driver of Maruti Omni bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-1443 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Honda Activa Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-62. As a result Rajan V. K R/o Jeppu Bappal Mangalore rider of Honda Activa Scooter and pillion ride his wife sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 31/03/2009 at 1850 hrs near Kuntikana Mangalore one Joseph Lobo rider of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-7637 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which the vehicle capsized. As a result Rajesh R/o Ashok Nagara Mangalore pillion rider of said scooter sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 31/03/2009 at 1420 hrs at Farangipete Bus stand Bantwal taluk one Jayanthi passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2260 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus one Harish moved the bus in a negligent manner due which she fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 31/03/2009 one Umesh Kotian R/o Kunjathbail Mangalore accidentally fell down near Janatha Bazar Mangalore due to heavy drunkenness. Further he was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on same day.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 01/04/2009 in between 1200 hrs and 1530 hrs one Praveen (23) R/o Madur Kotekar village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 396
Fine amounts collected: 38,400/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.