- A case of Burglary has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. In between 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs of 27/04/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Ravindra K (42) R/o Modamkapu Bantwala Mooda village Bantwal Taluk by breaking the window grills and committed theft of gold ornament worth Rs. 1,18,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. In between 1200 hrs of 25/04/2009 and 1900 hrs of 27/04/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into Anganavadi School at Manjalpadpu Kabaka village Puttur Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed a theft of Gas Cylinder belonging to Akshara Dasoha Yojane. The worth of stolen property is Rs. 1, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 27/04/2009 at 2015 hrs near Church cross at Naravi village Belthangady Taluk one driver of Mahindra Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-30-4789 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MA-2066. As a result Prakash driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MA-2066, George N. O. who was traveling in the said jeep and driver of Mahindra jeep also sustained grievous injuries. Further George N. O. was succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 27/04/2009 at 1645 hrs near Mutthappa temple at Mangalore one unknown auto rickshaw driver drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a DIO scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-7316. As a result one Bolbin D Souza (20) R/o Jeppu Kudpadi Mangalore pillion rider of scooter sustained simple injuries. The auto rickshaw driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 27/04/2009 at 1015 hrs at Anchikatte Navooru village Bantwal Taluk one Ravi B Savadi driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2025 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-1648. As a result one Eliyas Veigas (57) R/o Belthangady rider of motorcycle sustained grievious injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 26/04/2009 at 1500 hrs at Pedrodi Bajathhuru village Puttur Taluk one unknown driver of tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-18-6837 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KA-13-M-2164. As a result Badruddin driver of car and Vinay Kumar V (24) R/o Chitradurga District who was traveling in the said car sustained grievious injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Woman Police Station. On 27/04/2009 at 1200 hrs WPI Women PS on rounds arrested Savitha @ Shwetha (22) R/o Kulai Mangalore and Rejinald Malanki (58) R/o Gorigudde Mangalore who were soliciting for prostitution at public place near Infosys Mangalore.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 2130 hrs of 26/04/2009 and 0920 hrs of 27/04/2009 one Vittaldas Bhandarkar (42) R/o Kashibettu Ujire village Belthangady Taluk committded suicide by hanging in his house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 24/04/2009 at 1000 hrs one Manjunatha R/o Hassan District accidentally fell down due some illness near Dharmasthala at Belthangady Taluk. Further he was admitted to Govt. hospital at Belthangady where he declared dead while under treatment on 24/04/2009 at 0910 hrs. The death seems to be due to some illness.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 291
Fine amounts collected: 29,500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.