- A case of Burglary has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 0900 hrs and 1015 hrs of 18/04/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Mohini (42) R/o Ibbavu Ujire village Belthangady Taluk by removing the roof tiles and committed theft of gold ornaments and a Nokia Mobile all in worth Rs.24, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Vittal Police Station. In between 1200 hrs and 1345 hrs of 16/04/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a Passion Plus motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-1484 belonging to one Umesha (27) R/o Pandelu Kula village Bantwal Taluk that was parked in front of Padiyar Compound at Vittal Town Bantwal Taluk. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 43,850/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station on the complaint of one Geethanjali (29) W/o Prabhakara R/o Moorukatte Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Prabhakara (husband) gave physical and mental harassment to Geethanjali to bring more dowry and he also assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. Where in one Thowsif (20) has been declared dead while under treatment on 18/04/2009 at 1640 hrs. The said Thowsif (20) was seriously injured by a lorry in a road traffic accident on 17/04/2009 at 0730 hrs Minipadavu at Aryapu village Puttur Taluk and admitted to Unity hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case has been already registered in Puttur Rural Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 2015 hrs one driver of Tavera car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-807 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a TVS Victor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-5215. As a result motorcycle rider Ahammed Hasan and Fareeda (51) R/o Chilimbi Mangalore pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 18/04/2009 at 1115 hrs near Kulal Mandira at Kolya Kotekaru village Mangalore Taluk one Mohammed Sadeeq driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-2812 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9701. As a result one Ananda (55) R/o Kotekaru village Mangalore Taluk driver of auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 18/04/2009 at 1430 hrs accused Purushothama K, Kooti Poojary, Puttanna, Hariprasad and Purushothama C. forming into unlawful assembly near Govt Higher Primary school at Deavarakana Ivarnadu village Sullia Taluk and criminally restrained one Shivarama C. (42) R/o Chellatthady Ivarnadu village Sullia Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 18/04/2009 at 1715 hrs accused Hameed, Navid, Usman, Javid and others criminally restrained one Mohammed B. (55) R/o Nadugudde Addoor village Mangalore Taluk at Bavutagudde Mangalore and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 17/04/2009 at 1100 hrs one Rajesh (42) R/o Kenchanakere Kilpady village Mangalore Taluk attempt to commit suicide by consuming poison in his house owing to financial problem. Further he was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on 08/04/2009 at 1115 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. In between 1000 hrs and 1700 hrs of 18/04/2009 one Kushalappa Gowda (45) committed suicide by consuming poison near bus stand at Kunthoor village Puttur Taluk owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 371
Fine amounts collected: 30, 600/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.