- A case under Murder has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 16/04/2009 of one unknown male dead body was found near Nehru Maidan Mangalore. As there was some suspicion regarding the cause of death, it was taken as death under suspicious circumstances and investigation taken up. During course of this investigation, it was revealed that the deceased was actually strangulated by his inmates.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 0700 hrs and 0830 hrs of 05/04/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of a Bajaj M80 Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-K-9071 belonging to one Harish Gatty (38) R/o Bhavanthi Street Mangalore that was parked near Market road Mangalore. The Scooter is worth Rs.500/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Outrage modesty of woman, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 2000 hrs accused Raghupathi abused one Saraswathi R/o Aniyuru Neria village Belthangady Taluk and assaulted her by hand and tried to outrage her modesty by pulling her hand and also gave life threat to her owing to fcivil dispute.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 2230 hrs on NH 48 at Uppugudde Panemangalore village Bantwal Taluk one unknown driver of Tanker bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AC-5085 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-7867. As a result Venkappa Kundar who was traveling in the said bus sustained serious injuries. Further Venkappa Kundar succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 15/04/2009 at 2130 hrs near Kadri Park at Mangalore one Ashwin Vasudev Bhat rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-9183 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Nireekshith Rai (21) R/o Harady Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 1115 hrs at Natekal Junction Konaje village Mangalore Taluk one Arun Kumar rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-3268 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Moped. As a result Moped rider one Rathnakara T (43) Kulshekara Mangalore sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 12/04/2009 at 0800 hrs at Thimmadka Bilinele village Puttur Taluk one Pundarika rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-02-L-7106 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Bicycle. As a result bicycle rider one Monappa Gowda R/o Bilinele Puttur Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 15/04/2009 at 1730 hrs accused Irfan, Imtiyaz and Shamsheer assaulted one Nisar Ahmed (17) R/o Dharma Nagar Ullal village Mangalore Taluk by hand and with stone at Mastikatte Ullal village Mangalore Taluk owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 15/04/2009 at 2200 hrs accused Irfan, Asif Mansoor and Hussain assaulted Asif M.B (34), Irshad and Imran all residence of Dharma Nagar Ullal Mangalore Taluk by hand and with bat at Dharmanagar Ullal village Mangalore Taluk owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 02
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Woman Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 1310 hrs WPI Women PS on rounds arrested one Bindu (30) W/o Prabhakar R/o Krishnapura Surathkal Mangalore who was soliciting for prostitution at public place near Railway station at Mangalore.
- A case under Indian Arms Act has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 16/04/2009 at 0845 hrs on credible information PSI Venoor PS along with staff conducted a raid on the house belonging to one Ananda Achari (45) R/o Nekkilaje Kuthluru village Belthangady Taluk and seized a Local Made Gun (SBML) and 55 live rounds that was kept illegally.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 15/04/2009 at 1500 hrs one Girija (60) R/o Mallige mane Karaya village Belthangady Taluk attempted to committ suicide by consuming some poison. Further she was admitted to Adarsha Hospital at Puttur where she was declared dead while under treatments on 06/04/2009 at 1345 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 335
Fine amounts collected: 35, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.