The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 22/04/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 02
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 1200 hrs and 1800 hrs of 16/04/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-7089 belonging to one Loyeed D’ Souza (27) R/o Ladyhill Mangalore that was parked near St. Aloysius College at Mangalore. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 30,000/.
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 0930 hrs and 1600 hrs of 16/04/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-873 belonging to one Deepak Kumar R/o Puttur Town that was parked in front of Prasad Electric Shop at Nellikatte Puttur Town. The worth of motorcycle is Rs. 12,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station on the complaint of one Naseema (19) W/o Azaruddin R/o Sangabettu Pajeeru village Mangalore Taluk. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Azaruddin (25) (husband) and his relatives Nabeesa, Najeer and Khadar assaulted and gave physical and mental harassment to one Naseema to bring more dowry and also gave life threat her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 18/04/2009 at 2120 hrs at Mangala Joythi Thiruvailu village Mangalore Taluk one Umanatha rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-2301drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against pedestrians Gopala (32) R/o Jyothinagara Thiruvailu village Mangalore Taluk and Naveen caused them grievous injuries. Further motorcycle rider lost control over his vehicle due which motorcycle capsized. As a result motorcycle rider Umanatha and Kumara pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 19/04/2009 at 1845 hrs accused one Avinasha abused one Vinith Raj (16) R/o Jeppu Bappal Mangalore in filthy language near his house and assaulted them with wooden stick owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provokr breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 19/04/2009 at 1915 hrs accused Bhavani and Ranjini abused one Vanitha (22) W/o Praveen R/o Periyody Kallige village Bantwal Taluk in fithy language near her house and assaulted her with stone owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. In between 0300 hrs and 0700 hrs of 21/04/2009 one Seetharama (38) R/o Pade Hosamane Kashipatna village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mulki Police Station. In between 20/04/2009 and 21/04/2009 one Ganesha Poojary (50) R/o Kilpady village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 366
Fine amounts collected: 43, 300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.