- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. In between 1130 hrs and 1800 hrs of 05/07/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Ganapayya K (64) R/o Kaudichar Madnuru village Puttur Taluk by breaking the back door lock and committed a theft of gold ornaments and cash Rs.1, 000/ all in worth Rs. 1,31, 000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On the intervening night of 03-04/07/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the DKZPH School at Neria village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the back door lock and committed a theft of gas cylinders (02) and rice (140 kgs). Total value of stolen property is yet to be estimated.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 05/07/2009 at 1600 hrs accused one Mahabala Rai abused one Rachana (19) D/o Mahabala Rai R/o Krishnapura Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language in her house and assaulted her with sickle owing to family dispute between them.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Konaje Police Station where in one Abubakkar (52) has been declared dead while under treatment on 05/07/2009 at 1530 hrs. The said Abubakkar was seriously injured by a motorcycle in a road traffic accident on 04/07/2009 at 1730 hrs at Asaigoli junction Konaje village Mangalore Taluk and was admitted to K.S Hegde hospital at Deralakatte Mangalore. In this connection a case was already registered in Konaje Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 05/07/2009 at 0700 hrs at Neerakatte Bajathuru village Puttur Taluk one driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2496 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-06-J-6668. As a result Sanaulla Khan (58) R/o Tumkur District and other passengers who were traveling in the said bus sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 04/07/2009 at 1330 hrs accused Kunhappa Naik, Balakrishna Poojary, Udaya and another unknown person abused one Keshava Naik (31) R/o Nettanige village Mudnuru village Puttur Taluk in filthy language near his house and assaulted him with sickle and with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 20/06/2006 one Chandu Poojary (65) R/o Kempugudde Iruvailu village Mangalore Taluk accidentally fell down from a Palm tree near his house while removing toddy and got seriously injured. He was admitted to Wenlock hospitalat Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on 02/07/2009 at 2315 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. In between 2230 hrs of 03/07/2009 and 1000 hrs 04/07/2009 one Shrinivas Devadiga (40) R/o Paper mill Pranthya village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the pond near his house and died of drowning owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 216
Fine amounts collected: 12, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.