The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 11/07/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Barke Police Station. In between 1330 hrs and 1700 hrs of 10/07/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-5043 belonging to Dr. Niranjan B. Hegde R/o Kodialbail Mangalore that was parked in the premise of his house. The Indica car is worth Rs. 2, 20, 000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 10/07/2009 at 1755 hrs at Karngalpady Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-07-C-4770 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No.KA-19-A-2735 driven by one N Gururaj Patali (30) R/o Govt. Quarters Urwa stores Mangalore. As a result the car got damaged. No causalities reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 09/07/2009 at 1145 hrs on NH 48 at Uppinangady Town one driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-30-B-2786 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided one Kamala (55) R/o Uppianangady Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal trespass, Mischief of causing damage, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 09/07/2009 at 1600 hrs accused John Mirandha R/o Shirthady criminally trespassed into land belonging to Mitrasena Jain (52) R/o Panapila village Mangalore taluk and abused him in filthy language and damaged fence and also gave life threat to him owing to civil dispute. The damage is caused about Rs. 6,000/.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 10/7/2009 at 1145 hrs one unidentified male dead body has been found in highly decomposed state in seashore at Bengre Mangalore. It seems to be a case of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. One Purushothama (30) R/o Rekhya village Belthangady Taluk consumed poison in his house on 10/07/2009 at 1200 hrs. Further he was admitted to Ashwini hospital at Nelyadi were he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 231
Fine amounts collected: 24, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.