The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 25/07/2009.
Ordinary Theft: 02
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 2200 hrs of 24/07/2009 and 0730 hrs of 24/07/2009 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft a Wallet belonging to one Dr. Moses C/o St. Johns Research Center Sarjapura Road Bangalore that was kept in his room No 511 at Nalapad Residency Mangalore. The value of stolen property is worth Rs. 22,500/.
- A case of Ordinary theft has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 24/07/2009 in between 1430 hrs and 1500 hrs one Saleem (33) R/o Kalleri village Puttur Taluk committed theft of a cow belonging to one Suresh Pai N (54) R/o Ilanthila village Belthangady Taluk from his house. The value of cow worth Rs. 2000/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: Nil
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 24/07/2009 at 1945 hrs near Urwastores Junction at Mangalore one K. R Pandith driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-146 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Jayakara a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 23/07/2009 at 1610 hrs at the premise of Court Mangalore accused Vasantha Nonda and others abused one Velerian Lobo R/o Padil Mangalore in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 02
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 24/07/2009 at 1430 hrs on credible information PSI Urwa PS along with his staff conducted raid on house at Anegundi Bejai Mangalore and arrested Veena Bhandari (60) R/o Anegundi Bejai Mangalore, Suma R/o Bajpe Mangalore, Sanjana (23) R/o Kulshekar Mangalore, Reshma (20) R/o Kalpane Mangalore and Thanuj Kumar (23) R/o Gorigudda Mangalore who were soliciting for prostitution there.
- A case under the Negligent conduct with respect to fire, Essential Commodities Act, Motor Spirit and High Speed Diesel along with Petroleum products (supply) and Distribution and Prevention of Malpractices order 2005 has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 24/07/2009 at 1600 hrs Girish S. DSP Panambur Sub. Division, along with his staff on credible information conducted a raid on small shed near Durgeshwari Temple Kuppe Padav Kelinajru village belonging to one Mohammed Shareef @ Cherimone and seized Petrol (40 lts ), that were stored illegally there for sale. Mohammed Shareef has been arrested. Further they conducted raid on building near Canara Bank at Yedapadav Mangalore Taluk belonging to one Narayana and seized Petrol (410 ltr), that was stored illegally there for sale. Narayana has been arrested. There after they conducted raid on building in front of Chirayu clinic at Yedapadav Mangalore Taluk belonging to one Pushparaja and seized Petrol (35 ltr), that was stored illegally there for sale. Pushparaja has been arrested. The total value of seized property is Rs. 35,000/.
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 361
Fine amounts collected: 37, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.