The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 29/07/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. In between 27/07/2009 and 0830 hrs of 28/07/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into DKZP School at Puccheri Nelyady village Puttur Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed a theft of three Gas Cylinders belonging to Akshara Dasoha Yojane. The worth of stolen property is Rs. 6, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Theft by Servant has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 28/07/2009 one Gangamma who was working as a housemaid in the house of one Kamalakara R/o Alake Mangalore committed a theft of cash Rs 45,000 from the same house.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 0700 hrs accused one Vinod criminally restrained Mary (35) R/o Devagiri Neriya village Belthangady Taluk and her husband Tomy Antony at Ballal Estate Neriya village Belthangady Taluk and abused them in filthy language and assaulted Tomy Antony with iron rod and also gave life threat to them owing previous enmity.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 2145 hrs at Kanchila Sajipa Padu village Bantwal Taluk one Shivaprasad rider of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-2113 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-62 driven by Keshava (32) R/o Jakribettu Bantwal Town. As a result one Sathish pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained serious injuries. Further he was admitted to K.S. Hegde Hospital at Deralakatte Mangalore where he succumbed to his injuries while under treatment on same day at 2245 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 28/07/2009 at 1120 hrs at Saripalla Alape village Mangalore one Padmanabha (50) R/o Padil Alape village Mangalore passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-4778 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus one Sandeep moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 2145 hrs accused Mansoor and Riyaz criminally restrained one Anwar (25) R/o Adyar Katte Adyar village Mangalore Taluk near his house and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing previous enmity.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 27/09/2009 at 1600 hrs accused one Kogile Asif @ Asif came in a motorcycle and criminally restrained one Abdul Satthar (40) R/o Vidyanagara KC road Thalapady village Mangalore Taluk on KC road at Thalapady village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with stone and also gave life threat to him owing trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. In between 1100 hrs and 1300 hrs of 28/09/2009 one Honnappa Naik (75) R/o Ballaka Gutthigaru village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 466
Fine amounts collected: 48,500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.