- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Murder has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On the night of 25/07/2009 accused one Chandra R/o Rama Nagara Kunjathabail village Mangalore Taluk assaulted his wife Laxmi W/o Chandra with wooden stick and with stone in her house owing to family dispute between them. Further she was admitted to Wenlock hospital where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on 28/07/2009 at 0515 hrs.
- A case of Robbery has been registered in Venoor Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 27/07/2009 at 1500 hrs Savya road at Kokrady village Belthangady Taluk, one Sujatha (26) W/o Ananda Poojary R/o Kinni Gudde Pilya village Belthangady Taluk was on her way to home by walk, at that time, two unknown persons came in a motorcycle and snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away with their motorcycle. The value of property is around Rs.75, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 1615 hrs near Urwastore at Mangalore one driver of Tata Sumo vehcile bearing Reg. No. KA-53-1387 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an Auto tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-3389 due which auto tempo capsized. As a result auto tempo driver one Radhakrishna sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 1830 hrs at Sabarabailu Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk one Iqbal rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-H-6833 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-41-H-9031. As a result Anzad (24) R/o Moodugere Taluk Chikkamagalur District rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-41-H-9031 and Abdul Rahiman pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 27/07/2009 at 0630 hrs one Roopa Shri (05) D/o Balakrishna Shetty R/o Kolakebail Thiruvail village Mangalore Taluk accidentally slipped into a well while walking near her house and died due drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 0530 hrs and 0630 hrs of 27/07/2009 one Sunil Kumar (37) R/o Paddambail Ajjavara village Sullia Taluk while working near his house accidentally fell down and died on the spot. The death seems to be due some illness.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 415
Fine amounts collected: 41,800/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.