The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 04/08/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station on the complaint of one Durga (20) W/o Guruprasad R/o Ullalbailu Ullal Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Guruprasad (husband) and his relatives Saraswathi and Mutthuraj gave physical and mental harassment to one Durga and also gave life threat to her.
- A case under House trespass, SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 1300 hrs accused one Lokesh Poojary criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Yamini (19) R/o Kudrebettu Balthila village Bantwal Taluk and abused in filthy language referring to her caste and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. Where in one Jerold Joseph D’ Souza has been declared dead while under treatment on 03/08/2009.The said Jerold Joseph D’ Souza was seriously injured by a KSRTC bus in a road traffic accident on 02/07/2009 at 0745 hrs at Neeraje Ramakunja village Puttur Taluk and admitted to the Commander hospital at Bangalore. In this connection a case has been already registered in Konaje Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 1030 hrs near Central Market at Mangalore one Deepak Roshan driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-8259 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Unha (75) R/o Bajal Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 1600 hrs near Post Office at Urwastore Mangalore one unknown driver of Quails car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AA-2539 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a shop belonging to one Jayalaxmi V Shetty (50) R/o near Kavitha Residency Mangalore. As a result shop got damaged. No causality reported. The Quails driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 02/08/2009 at 2115 hrs near Madhuvan Bar & Restaurant at Yeyyady Mangalore one Anwar rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-50 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-R-8134 driven by Suresh Babu N.P. (32) R/o Kavoor Mangalore. As a result motorcycle rider Anwar and Deepak pillion rider of Honda Activa scooter sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 1400 hrs accused one Lingaraju abused Chennappa M.A. (65) R/o Meldthale Aranthodu village Sullia Taluk and his wife Susheela near their house in filthy language and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal trespass, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 0800 hrs accused Dejappa Gowda, Krishnappa Gowda and Bommanna Gowda criminally trespassed into the land at Nadukudru Neriya village Belthangady Taluk belonging to one Praveen (22) R/o Nadukudru Neriya village Belthangady Taluk and criminally restrained him and his mother and abused them in filthy language and also gave life threat to them owing to civil dispute between them.
- A case under under Affray has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 03/08/2009 at 0930 hrs accused Nazeer P. and Suresha M picked up quarrel and started fighting over a trivial issue in public place near KSRTC bus stand at Puttur Town. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Ullal Police Station. In between 02/08/2009 and 0700 hrs of 03/08/2009 one Umesha Poojary (55) R/o Kerebailu Gudde Permannur village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 306
Fine amounts collected: 28,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.