- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 13/08/2009 at 0045 hrs one unknown person gained entry into the Office belonging to one P.B. D’Sa R/o Muller’s road Velencia Mangalore by removing the roof tiles and committed theft of cash Rs. 5,00/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. Where in one Ramakrishna has been declared dead while under treatment on 19/08/2009 at 0500 hrs. The said Ramakrishna was seriously injured by a KSRTC bus in a road traffic accident on 13/08/2009 at 1800 hrs on NH-48 at Panemangalore Bantwal Town and admitted to the A.J. hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case has been already registered in Bantwal Town Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 17/08/2009 at 1905 hrs near Trade Center at Ambedkar circle Mangalore one unknown driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-1901 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Ibrahim a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries. The auto rickshaw driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 02/08/2009 at 0700 hrs near Kadri Kambla junction at Mangalore one Ronald Paul driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-9100 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result auto rickshaw driver Ronald Paul and Irin Paul who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 18/08/2009 at 1930 hrs near Prabhath Theatre at K.S. Rao road Mangalore one Ahammed Nasiruddin driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-4117 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-14-X-4927. As a result motorcycle rider Anup and Gowtham (19) R/o Thirthahalli Taluk Shivmoga District pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Attempt to Murder has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 18/08/2009 at 2015 hrs near bus stand at Nooyee at Addoor village Mangalore Taluk accused two unknown persons came in a motorcycle and attempted to murder one Dombaya Poojary by assaulted him with sword.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 18/08/2009 at 1030 hrs accused Sunil Kumar (20) R/o Kunjatthabail Mangalore and Karunakara (24) R/o Konaje Mangalore picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place near bus stand at Thokkuttu Mangalore. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 17/08/2009 at 1100 hrs one Sushma (17) R/o MRPL Colony Chailur village Mangalore Taluk left her house and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 374
Fine amounts collected: 32,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.