- A case of Burglary has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. In between 1830 hrs of 10/08/2009 and 1000 hrs of 13/08/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Geetha (62) R/o Kodyadka Mitthabil Putthige village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of gold and coral ornaments all in worth 24,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under Seizure of Stolen property along with M.V. Theft has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 03/10/2007 at 1700 hrs on routine patrolling PSI (Crime) Mangalore Rural PS along with staff apprehended one Abdul Rahiman @ Addu (38) R/o Bala Surathkal Mangalore who was found moving suspiciously in a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-U-5288 on NH 48 at Bajal cross Alape Mangalore. On enquiry it was learnt that the motorcycle has been stolen from Kinnimulki Udupi District. Accordingly a case was registered in Mangalore Rural PS and the motorcycle was seized. The seized motorcycle is worth Rs. 35,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 14/08/2009 at 1230 hrs accused one Sanjeeva criminally restrained and abused one Vimala (24) W/o Guruprasad R/o Harabe Peranki village Belthangady Taluk near her house in filthy language and assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 01
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 13/08/2009 at 1220 hrs on NH 13 at Handelusutthu Putthige village Mangalore Taluk one Ananda Poojary driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5069 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a Zen car bearing Reg. No. KL-13-H-9452. As a result Dr. Shabin Pahad (23) R/o Royal Apartments Melinamogru Mangalore driver of car sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Roiting, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Mischief of causing damage has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 14/08/2009 at 2300 hrs accused Prashanth, Chandrashekar, Krishna, Madhava, Papanna, Manju, Raghava and Raju forming into unlawful assembly at Kodialabailu Sullia Town abused one Choma (37) R/o Kodialabailu Sullia Town in filthy language near her house and damaged the roof tiles of the house by pelting stones owing to trivial issue.
- A case under House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 14/08/2009 at 1930 hrs accused Ananda, Purushothama and Vijaya criminally trespassed into the house belonging to Anil (26) R/o Bihar State and abused him and his brother Sunil at Aniyuru Neria village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language and assaulted them with wooden stick and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Attempt to commit suicide has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 13/08/2009 at 1930 hrs one Santhosh Crasta (26) R/o Tharigudde Bondanthila village Mangalore Taluk attempted to commit suicide by cutting his neck with a blade owing to personal problem.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. In between 0940 hrs and 1015 hrs of 14/08/2009 hrs one Rathna Kedige (87) R/o Kavoor Mangalore committed suicide by jumping into the pond near her house owing to health problem and died due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 1430 hrs and 1815 hrs of 14/08/2009 hrs one Gulabi (52) R/o Keryottu Odilnala village Belthangdy Taluk committed suicide by hanging in her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 260
Fine amounts collected: 26,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.