The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 17/08/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 15/08/2009 at 2000 hrs accused one Raghu Gowda assaulted his wife Rathna (25) W/o Raghu Gowda R/o Ramakunja village Puttur Taluk with knief at Mulla Majalu Perabe village Puttur Taluk owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 15/08/2009 at 200 hrs near Chithrapura Temple at Kulai village Mangalore Taluk one Madhava Mayya driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-8380 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result one Indira (41) R/o Thadambail Surathkal Mangalore who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 16/08/2009 at 1030 hrs near bus stand at Aladangady Badagakarandooru village Belthangady Taluk one Sundara (37) R/o Nadayee Badagakarandooru village Belthangady Taluk passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-A-8129 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which he fell down from the bus and sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 16/08/2009 at 1045 hrs one Umesh Chowta (27) R/o Moodushedde village Mangalore Taluk accidentally slipped into Palguni River at Padushedde Mangalore while taking bath and died of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. In between 0600 hrs of 15/08/2009 and 1400 hrs of 16/08/2009 one Susheela (28) R/o Palele Kowkardy village Puttur Taluk accidentally slipped into pond while walking near her house and died of drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. One Hendry Jemas Fernadez R/o Suvarnalane Mangalore left his house on 15/08/2009 at 1800 hrs and did not return to his house there after. He was found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 257
Fine amounts collected: 19,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.