- A case under Robbery has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station relating to an incident of chain snatching. On 11/08/2009 at 1915 hrs on Jaihind road at Monkey Stand Mangalore one Prema (50) W/o Seetharama R/o Monkey Stand Mangalore was on her way to home. At that time two unknown persons came in a motorcycle and snatched the gold chain from her neck and ran away their motorcycle. The value of property is around Rs.22, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: Nil
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Hurt, Attempt Murder along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 11/08/2009 at 1430 hrs at Kukkady Stores Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk accused Chethu @ Chethan, Salam, Davood Hakeem and Aboobakkar assaulted Krishna Shettigar (21) R/o 5th Block Krishnapura Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk, Chennappa Kotian and Raghu Shetty with glass and with iron punch and tried to kill them and they also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 11/08/2009 at 1815 hrs accused Jayanth and others forming into unlawful assembly at Gurupura Gudde Muloor village Mangalore Taluk and stopped the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-9721 and abused the cleaner of said bus one Umesh Naik (18) R/o Oddur Thenkayedapadavu village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Rioting, Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Hurt has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 11/08/2009 at 1100 hrs accused Satthar @ Saddam, Haneef @ Bhashwar Haneef, Nazeer @ Jaleem Nazeer, Majeed and other two persons forming into unlawful assembly at Pumpwell Kankanady Mangalore and criminally restrained one Areef .M. and abused him filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to previous enmity.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 2330 hrs accused Rahim and other one person assaulted one Nagaraja (27) R/o Veeranagara Padil Mangalore by hand and with iron rod owing to trivial issue.
- A case under House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt, Mischief causing damage along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 11/08/2009 at 1400 hrs accused one Harishchandra Samantha criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Vijaya Kumar Hegde (27) R/o Sunnoni Iruvail village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and damaged the window glass by pelting stone and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Man missing has been registered in Ullal Police Station. One Hari T. (54) R/o Neharu Nagara Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk went to Dandeli on 09/08/2009 at 0830 hrs and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 281
Fine amounts collected: 26,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.