- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 08/08/2009 and 1000 hrs of 10/08/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Manipal printing press at Birwa complex Alake Managlore by breaking the window grills and committed theft of HP Computer and Monitor all in worth Rs. 35,000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Ordinary Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On the intervening night of 09-10/08/2009 accused some unknown persons committed a theft of ‘Kanike Hundi’ belonging to Asasul Islam Maosque at Bibi Alabi road Mangalore. The worth of stolen property is Rs. 3,500/.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Konaje Police Station where in one Seripamma (47) R/o Nalikedagudde Boliyaru village Mangalore Taluk has been declared dead while under treatment on 11/08/2009 at 0900 hrs. The said Seripamma was seriously injured by a motorcycle in a road traffic accident on 09/08/2009 at 1300 hrs near mosque at Boliyaru Mangalore Taluk and was admitted to Unity hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case was already registered in Konaje Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 1130 hrs near Roopavani Theater at Mangalore one Arun Kumar driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-5198 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Ganesh @ Gangayya (33) R/o Mugeradka Belthangady Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 1200 hrs near Ullal Nursing home at Mangalore one unknown driver of car rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-4089 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one H.R Siddappa PSI of Traffic West Police Station while he was on duty near Ullal Nursing home at Mangalore and caused him simple injuries. Further the driver of the car escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Rioting, House trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Attempt to Murder has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 2215 hrs accused Hakeem @ Karate Hakeem, Ashraf, Pintu @ Lawrence Prakash Pinto, Bavu @ Mohiddin Bavu and Iqbal forming into an unlawful assembly and criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Jhaved (22) R/o Madhani Nagar Munnur village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and also tried to kill him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 08/08/2009 at 1330 hrs accused Kishore Kumar, Lekha, Santhosh and others abused Yogish Rao (37) R/o Kulshekara Mangalore and his wife in filthy language at R.K Casmedicks Shop at Central Market Mangalore and assaulted them by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Affray has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 1615 hrs accused Nishan (21) R/o Haleyangadi Mangalore Taluk, Hridhay Salian (21) R/o Pumpwel Mangalore and Thanvir (18) R/o Bajpe Mangalore Taluk picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place near Sri Devi college Kenjaru Mangalore Taluk. The police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160 IPC).
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 10/08/2009 at 0015 hrs one Vasantha (35) R/o Kodikal Urwastores Mangalore was fell down due to heavy drunkenness near Rao & Rao circle at Mangalore and died on the spot.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 342
Fine amounts collected: 35,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.