Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
Non Fatal: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 06/09/2006 at 1930 hrs near Surathkal Mangalore Taluk one Preetham driver of Santro car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-1889 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No KA-19-Q-7478. As a result motorcycle rider Santhosh Kotyan (25) R/o Chokkabettu Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk and pillion rider Sundara Kotyan both sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 04/09/2006 at1630 hrs one Ramanna (44) R/o Polya house Kabaka village Puttur Taluk driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-09-F-2160 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly near Papemajalu Ariyadka village Puttur Taluk due to which one Rukmini (50) R/o Perigeri house Ariyadka village Puttur Taluk a passenger in the said bus was thrown out from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 07/09/2006 at 2145 hrs accused Prashanth, Ronald, Pushparaj stopped the bus near Shaktinagar cross Kulashekara Mangalore Taluk and dragged out the driver one Raja N (36) R/o Ullal village Mangalore Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted by hand and stone gave life threat to him and also damaged the bus owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal trespass, Criminal restraint and Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 07/09/2006 at 1630 hrs accused Chandrappa Poojary, Dejappa Poojary and Thimmappa Poojary came in an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-1373 and trespassed into the land belonging to one Jarappa Poojary (49) R/o Kavalpadur village Bantwal Taluk and abused him and his father Ishwara Poojary in filthy language and assaulted by hand and also gave life threat to them owing to civil dispute.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station where in one Damanna Gowda (75) R/o Kerokodi house Karaya village Belthangady Taluk was missing since 29/08/2006 from his house. His dead body was found at a farm belonging to one Chandrashekar Bhat R/o Paranki village Belthangady Taluk. The death seems to be due to accidental fall into the pit.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Venoor Police Station. Between 07/09/2006 and 08/09/2006 one Anni Hegde (76) R/o Bajire village Belthangady Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the pond near his house and died of drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Girl missing case has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 07/08/2006 one Shraddha (17) R/o Manavalike Perabe village Puttur Taluk jumped into Hosmatta river and got washed away and she has not been traced so far.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 308
Fine amount collected: Rs. 20,500/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500