- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On the intervening night of 21-22/07/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into Kaveri building at Falnir Mangalore Taluk belonging to one Raghavendra Rao (38) by breaking the front door lock and backside window grills and committed theft of cash and items. Worth of stolen properties yet to be estimated.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 22/09/2006 at 1745 hrs near Dakke Mangalore Taluk one Lorry unknown driver bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-7837 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Ashraf (36) R/o Ullalbail a padastrian and caused him simple injuries. The Lorry driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 21/09/2006 at 0745 hrs on NH 48 near Narahari Parvatha Bantwal Taluk one Nagaraja Nayak driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-17-A-37 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle. As a result Lorry capsized due to which cleaner of the said Lorry one Santhosh (22) R/o Davanagere district sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case of Rioting, Criminal trespass along with Hurt has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 22/09/2006 at 1530 hrs accused Moiddin, Farooq, Siraj, Iqbal, Naushad, Thaanchu and others forming into an unlawful assembly and criminally trespassed into Narayana Guru College premise at Kudroli Mangalore and abused one Sathish Poojary (21) R/o Amavasebail house Kundapur Udupi District in filthy language and assaulted him by hand owing to a trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act and Cattle Preservation Act along with Motor vehicle Act has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 22/09/2006 at 0300 hrs on credible information ASI Moodabidre PS along with staff intercepted a Mahindra vehicle bearing Reg. No.KA-30-4408 at Thodaaru Moodabidre and apprehended Hasanabba (47), Imthiaz (21), Eliyas (21) and Jaleel (29) all residents of Kallabettu village Mangalore Taluk for illegally transporting cows without any permit. However the driver Rafiq R/o Jyothi Nagar and another Ismail managed to escape. The police seized vehicle, 2 bullocks and 6 cows and also a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-3609 which was kept inside the vehicle all in worth Rs. 2,50,000/.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Sation. On 21/09/2006 at 1630 hrs one Mohammed (35) R/o Naganadka Shishila village was committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Boy missing case has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 22/09/2006 at 1500 hrs one Shafi (06) S/o S.A. Mohammed R/o Odabai house Sullia village was taken by his Grand mother to Payashvini river near the house. There the child accidently slipped into the river and got washed away. He has not been traced so for.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 455
Fine amount collected: Rs. 25,800/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500