Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary theft has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 14/09/2006 at 1200 hrs one Mahesh Bhat driver of autorikshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-2539 committed theft of a Bharath Gas Cylinder worth Rs. 1500/ belonging to one Vasantha (49) R/o Akashdeep house Mullakadu Kavoor Mangalore, which was kept out side his house. On this complaint, the police secured the said Mahesh Bhat on the morning of 22/09/2006 near KSRTC Bust Stand Mangalore and recovered total 08 gas cylinders (including that of the complainant) from him. It is learnt that he had stolen these cylinders from Kavoor and adjoining areas. He has been produced before the jurisdictional court and remanded for judicial custody.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1530 hrs near Bank of Baroda Urwa Stores Mangalore one Sunil Kumar (30) R/o Ashoknagar Shediguri Mangalore Taluk driver of an autorickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-9701 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-V-3389. As a result motorcycle rider one Gopalakrishna Achary R/o Kinnigoli Mangalore Taluk sustained grievous injuries and both the vehicles got damaged.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 15/09/2006 at 0845 hrs on NH 17 at Nanthoor Junction Mangalore one Padmanabha driver of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-ME-7844 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-4813. As a result motorcycle rider one Rajarama (30) R/o Ananda house Kotekar Mangalore Taluk sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1630 hrs at Jainpete Marpady village Mangalore Taluk one Ganesh driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AA-1999 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Q-9712. As a result motorcycle rider Nithesh Shetty (23) R/o Shivadurga house Maroor village Mangalore Taluk and pillion rider Naveen sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case of Rioting, Criminal restraint and Mischief causing damage along with Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 22/09/2006 at 0500 hrs accused Prakasha, Madhava, Santhosha, Umesha, Suresha and others forming into an unlawful assembly with deadly weapons criminally restrained an Ambassador car bearing Reg. No. KA-13-M-1021 near Pilichamundi Padpu Panjikallu village Bantwal Taluk and assaulted one Ahamed Bava (44) R/o Shanthiangadi Bantwal Taluk who was in the car with iron rod and wooden stick and also damaged the car. However driver of the said car managed to escape from the place. The motive seems to be illegal cattle transport by the victim.
- A case of Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 21/09/2006 at 1815 hrs at Near Ullal Darga compound Ullal village Mangalore Taluk one Nizam R/o Melangadi Ullal village abused one Abdulla K (32) R/o H.K. Manzil R/o Milathnagara Ullal village in filthy language and assaulted him with iron rod owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act and Cattle Preservation Act has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station on the complaint of one Prakash (35) Panjikallu village Bantwal Taluk. On 22/09/2006 at 0500 hrs the complainant and others stopped an Ambassador car bearing Reg. No. KA-13-M-1021 and found carrying cattle in cruel manner in the car. In the meantime driver of car and another person Ahamed Bava (44) who was in the said car escaped leaving their vehicle. The complainant further informed the Police who in turn came to the spot and seized the car 2 cows, which were being transported illegally in the said car.
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 337
Fine amount collected: Rs. 28,300/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500