- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On the night of 08/09/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the G.K. Pharma Pharmaceutical Distributor office belonging to one Ganesh Kamath (39) at Kadri Kambala road Mangalore by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of LCD Monitor, Keyboard and cash Rs. 9,000/ all in worth Rs. 20,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV theft has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 08/09/2006 in between 1330 hrs to 1345 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of Hero Honda Splendour motorcycle bearing Reg. No.KA-19-L-3681 belonging to one Sheik Masood (24) R/o Malali Cross road Ganjimatta Mangalore Taluk which was parked near Noor Mosque Mangalore worth Rs. 20,000/.
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
Non Fatal: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 08/09/2006 at 0030 hrs on NH 17 near KPT Mangalore one driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-44-545 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-6047 driven by one Prashanth (24) R/o Katakada Thrivendram Kerala State. As a result the car got damaged no casualities reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 0800 hrs at 6th cross Shivabagh Bendorwell Mangalore one unknown driver of Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-5997 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Renuka (30) R/o Benachmetti village Gadag district a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 1000 hrs at Jappinamogaru Mangalore Taluk one Abdul Rashid driver of Santro Car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-8684 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Lokayya (70) a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case of Forgery and Cheating has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station on the complaint of Ramesh K Mayya Asst. General Manger State Bank of India Port road Mangalore. It is alleged in the complaint that on 31/08/2006 one Sanjay Kumar R/o Thrilokpur New Delhi who was having account at HDFC Bank Kadri presented a forged SBI Draft No. 0571268845 for clearance and drew sum of Rs.90, 000/.
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint and Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 1230 hrs accused Ibrahim (36) R/o Panjimogaru and Sadakathulla @ Sadakath (27) R/o Panjimogaru criminally restrained their brother one Abdul Bashir (36) R/o Evershine complex Kavoor Mangalore near his house and abused him in filthy language and assaulted by hand and stone and also gave life threat to him owing to personal enmity.
- A case under Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 07/09/2006 at 1730 hrs one Haneef M.K. R/o Shantinagar Kambalbettu village came to a shop at Kamblabettu and asked for a gas cylinder with Shamshuddin (25) R/o Urimajalu Idkdu village who was working at the said shop. When Shamsuddin refused to give the gas cylinder, the accused abused him in filthy language and assaulted with iron rod and gave life threat to him. Further he damaged the shop by breaking the tube light and TV set.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 1900 hrs on credible information PSI Mangalore Rural PS along with staff intercepted an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. CRQ-7273 near Pumpwell Kankanady village Mangalore and seized 192 bottles of IML liquor (each 750 ML) worth Rs. 10,500/ from the auto rickshaw which was being transported illegally by one Chandra @ N.B. Chandran (48) R/o 7th Cross Bappal Mangalore. The said Chandran was arrested and on his information, another 1068 bottles of liquor worth Rs.30, 500/ was seized from his house. The said auto rickshaw has also been seized.
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 1030 hrs one Sudhakara Ammanna (54) R/o Paldane Neermarga village Mangalore Taluk consumed poison in his house owing to health problem. He died while on the way to hospital.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 342
Fine amount collected: Rs. 19,600/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500