Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 17/09/2006 at 1730 hrs near Bharati Nagar Mangalore one driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5250 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-S-7128. As a result rider of motorcycle one Yashodhara (25) R/o Allipade Devasyya Padur village Bantwal Taluk sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 16/09/2006 at 1830 hrs on NH 48 at Perne village Puttur Taluk one Moidu driver of an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-4858 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against the Lorry bearing Reg. No. KL-11-N-4883 from behind which was parked at roadside. As a result one Shamir who was travelling in the said auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 17/09/2006 at 1100 hrs on NH 48 at Gundya Shiradi village Puttur Taluk one Mammu @ Mohammed driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-5392 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against the Tanker bearing Reg. No. AP-13-U-1296 from behind. As a result Mammu @ Mohammed driver of Lorry sustained grievous injuries.
- A case under Criminal breach of trust and Cheating has been registered in Panambur Police Station where in accused Janardhana driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-25-B-0978, cleaner Manja and owner of the said Lorry Ramesh K committed criminal breach of trust to one Narayana Shetty (58) R/o Bejai Mangalore who had given contract to the accused to transport 400 bags of Mangala DAP fertilizer (20 tonnes) worth Rs. 1,81,000/ from MCF Factory Mangalore to Shree Veera Badreshwara Agro Centre Annigeri Navalugunda Taluk Dharawad dist on 04/08/2006 at 1620 hrs. The accused persons cheated Narayana Shetty without supplying the material to the concerned company.
Spl. And local laws: 02
- A case of Gambling under Karnataka Police Act has been detected in Mangalore South Police Station limits. On 17/09/2006 at 1510 hrs on credible information PSI Mangalore South PS along with staff conducted a raid at Shantha Alva Compound Mankystand Mangalore Taluk. At the time of raid Police found 05 persons playing “Ander- Bahar” with cards. The Police seized cash Rs.675/ and playing cards from the spot by arresting Praveen Kumar, Sadashiva Poojary, Ramesh Bakuda, Gangadhar and Narayana M who were indulged in gambling.
- A case under Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 17/09/2006 at 0515 hrs on credible information PSI Panambur PS along with staff conducted a raid on small shed at Angaragundi Baikampady village Mangalore Taluk belongs one M.K. Bashir and seized 139 Kgs of cow meat, 4 knives and a weighing machine with weighing stones by arresting Badruddin @ Badru (22) R/o Irabailu post Mudigere Taluk and Mohammed Rafiq (21) R/o K.B.S Bottu house Jokatte Mangalore. However owner of the shed M.K.Bashir managed to escape from the place.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 17/09/2006 at 1415 hrs one Unknown male dead body aged about 35 years was found at Gurupur River at Dakke Mangalore. It seems to be a case of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 17/09/2006 1500 hrs one Shiva Prakash S. P. (28) R/o Sampalli village Madya Taluk and District was accidentally slipped and washed away in sea while he taking bath at Seashore Panambur and died due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 17/09/2006 at 1630 hrs one Rukmaya Gowda (60) r/o Kaje house Kalleri Karaya village Puttur Taluk while cutting the coconut tree leaves near his house got electrocuted due to which he fell down from the tree and died.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 22/08/2006 at 1530 hrs one Sunitha (52) R/o Bhalegule house Irde village Puttur Taluk sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a stove at her house. She was admitted to Wenlock Hospital Mangalore where in she succumbed her injuries while under treatment on 17/09/2006 at 1630 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. In between 17/09/2006 at 2130 hrs and 18/09/2006 at 0800 hrs one Jyothi (27) W/o Sathish Prabhu R/o Sullia house Kolnadu village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by jumping into a pound near her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Woman and child missing case has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. One Sumalatha (22) R/o Arandoor Koppa Chikkamagalore District who was working as housemaid at the house belonging to one Zohara R/o Lighthouse Hill Apartment Mangalore has been found missing with her child Shravya (03) from 30/08/2006.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 225
Fine amount collected: Rs. 9,800/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500