The following are the crimes reported in D.K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 21/09/06.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station where in one Shamir (22) was declared dead while under treatment on 21/09/2006 at 0615 hrs. The said Shamir was seriously injured by an auto rickshaw in a road traffic accident on 16/09/2006 at 1830 hrs on NH 48 Perne village Puttur Taluk and admitted to the Fr. Mullar Hospital Mangalore. In this connection a case of road traffic accident was already registered in Uppinangady Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 0715 hrs near Howdal Padukonaje village Mangalore Taluk one Harish driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-20-A-7334 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Saraswathi (70) R/o Kota house Modukonaje village Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty, Mischief causing damage along with Hurt has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 0930 hrs at Hosabettu Mangalore Taluk accused Mohammed Azaruddin (19) R/o Kanginakudru Budu Padubidre and Abdul Rehman (26) R/o Nadsal Padubidre Udupi District abused one Siddaraju M.C (41) driver of KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-09-F-3502 in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also damaged bus by breaking the glass owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Hurt has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1715 hrs at Diana wine shop Udane Shiradi village Puttur Taluk one Babu @ Sabu assaulted one Achutha Gowda (46) R/o Bengala House Shibaje village Belthangady Taluk with knife owing to financial issue.
- A case of Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1130 hrs accused Praveen and Shekar criminally restrained a Maruti omni car near CRC colony Kukkanduru Jaalsuru village Sullia Taluk and abused Gangadhar and Nagesh who were in the said car in filthy language and assaulted them with cycle chain and wooden stick and also gave life threat owing to personal enmity.
- A case of Criminal restraint and Hurt has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 2010 hrs accused Ganesh Rai, Bharth, Narasimha and Shiva criminally restrained one Hameed driver of auto rickshaw and assaulted him with sickle. They also assaulted Aziz who came to help Hameed. Motive seems to be personal enmity between accused and Hameed.
- A case of escape from lawful police custody has been registered in Sullia Police Sation. On 20/09/2006 at 1430 hrs near Chennakeshava Temple Sullia Taluk one Manju N @ Jagadhish (26) R/o Malavalli road Mandya who was being escorted by Dakshina Kannada DAR staff from JMFC Court Sullia to Sub jail Mangalore escaped from police custody at Sullia. He was however apprehended by the local police later.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1600 hrs one Abdul Rehman (35) R/o Chamudibetta Pranthya village Mangalore Taluk while painting a house at Kotebagilu Pranthya village accidentally fell down from the roof of the house and sustained serious injuries. He was admitted to Alva’s hospital Moodabidre where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 0430 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subrmanya Police Station. On 20/09/2006 at 1930 hrs one Sarawathi (42) R/o Shivala house Balagodu village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by consuming poison in her house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 449
Fine amount collected: Rs. 23,200/-
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500