- A case of Burglary has been registered in Vittal Police Station. In between 06/07/2006 and 08/09/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the old house belonging to one K. B. Pinto R/o Pinto Garden Vittal Town and committed theft of Wall clock, old locks and wooden piece worth Rs.400/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 08/09/2006 at 0645 hrs near Hunsekatte Permude village Mangalore Taluk one Honnappa Gowda driver of Lorry bearing Reg. KA-19-3947 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No KA-19-U-4316. As a result motorcycle rider Naveen Shetty (37) R/o Jyothi Nagar Kavoor Mangalore Taluk and pillion rider Siddhanth both sustained greivious injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 09/09/2006 at 0830 hrs one Rajesh rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-3915 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Azmia (8) R/o Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk and caused her simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 02
- A case under Cheating has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 08/09/2006 at 1300 hrs one Sharath Kumar pretending as a Doctor along with one Sunitha (40) R/o Kembar Padil Mangalore went to Canara PU College and collected Rs 25/ from each student for free testing of Breast Cancer..etc. Later the cloogede authorities came to know that he is not a doctor and informed the police. However by the time the police could reacht he place, Sharath Kumar had managed to escape and Sunitha posing as his assistant was arrested by the police.
- A case of Criminal breach of trust and Cheating has been registered in East Police Station where in accused Prashanth and Ravindra had duped one Chandrashekar Y. B R/o Thirumala colony Meerpete Hyderabad in the guise of getting a medical seat. The said Chandrashekhar had given Rs. 12,00,000/ and SSLC marks card to accused for grant of medical seat to his brother’s daughter. On 07/09/2006 inside the A.J. hospital compound Mangalore the accused took money from him and vanished.
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 08/09/2006 at 1630 hrs in front of Govt College Mangalore some unknown culprits threw stone on a procession passing infront of the collge due which one Abdul Razak (43) R/o Karingana Kalladka Bantwal Taluk participating in the rallysustained simple injuries.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 05
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. Between 06/09/2006 and 08/09/2006 one Soumya (17) R/o Enmur village Sullia Taluk accidentally fell into a pond near her house and died of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 08/09/2006 at 0900 hrs one Jerom Pinto (55) R/o Kudripadavu Kallamundkur while walking near his house accidentally slipped into a pond and died of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered Kadaba Police Station where in the dead body of one Shraddha K. Rai (17) Peraje village Puttur Taluk has been found at Hosmatta river near Nadoli Kutrupady village. The said Shradda had jumped into the Hosmatta river on 07/08/2006 and a missing case was already registered in Kadaba Police Station.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. One Laxmi (26) R/o Manila House Sirlalu village Belthangady Taluk was admitted to Belthangady Health Centre for delivery. As her condition deteriorated she was being shifted for further treatment to Mangalore. She however breathed her last enroute.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. One Ishwarappa Pathar (31) committed suicide by hanging in a room at Sharavathi Guest House Dharmastala Belthangady Taluk owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 303
Fine amount collected: Rs. 15,000/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500