Dacoity : Nil
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1245 hrs some unknown persons committed theft of cash Rs. 1,40,000/ and Passbook belonging to one Mouris Gonzalvis (56) R/o Bannur village Puttur Taluk by diverting his attention.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
Non Fatal: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 2330 hrs near Don Bosco Hall Balmatta road Mangalore Taluk one unknown driver of car drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a scooter bearing Reg. No KA-19-J-2979. As a result scooter rider one Sridhar (46) R/o Darkasu house Kadrikambla gudde Mangalore Taluk sustained serious injuries. The car driver escaped from the spot with his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1535 hrs near University college Mangalore Taluk one Roopesh (20) rider of Motorcycle bearing Reg. No KA-19-J-5457 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Ramya P Bhat (19) R/o Bhavanthi Street Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 30/08/2006 at 1400 hrs near Lalbagh Mangalore Taluk one unknown rider of motorcycle drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Shahanaz W/o Rahman Sab R/o Panambur Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. The motorcycle rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1600 hrs at Nirbailu Manchi village accused Abubakkar, Umarabba, Rafiq and Puttubavu with common intension abused one Ibrahim R/o Nirbail house Manchi village Bantwal Taluk in filthy language and assaulted with wooden stick and knife owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1600 hrs at Nirbailu Manchi village one Ibrahim abused one Rafiq (21) R/o Nirbailu Manchi village in filthy language and assaulted him, his brother Adrama and also his mother Jamila by hand owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Criminal restraint and Hurt has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1830 hrs accused Ashok D’Souza and Sunil D’Souza stopped one Ronald Aranha R/o Kajeguri Ikala village Mangalore Taluk and abused in filthy language and assaulted by hand owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Prevention of cow slaughter act has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1615 hrs on credible information PSI Kavoor PS with his Staff intercepted a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-N-3883 driven by Siraj (23) and a Scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-6441 driven by Usman (56) at old Bridge Kuloor Mangalore Taluk and seized cow meat (19Kgs) being transported illegally. The police seized both the vehicles, 2 butcher knives, weighing machine and a mobile phone and also cash Rs. 4,600/ by zrresting Siraj @ Sirajuddin (23) R/o Rayee Katte Padukodi village Kulur Mangalore and his father Usman (56).
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1730 hrs one Shekappa (25) S/o Sangappa fell into a canal near Madhusudan School Attavar Mangalore and got injured. He was admitted to hospital where while on treatment he was declared dead.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1030 hrs one Balakrishna Rai (40) R/o Jedarakodi Kula village who was working as vendor in a arrack shop at Kabaka village committed suicide by consuming poison in his shop owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Girl missing case has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 29/08/2006 in between 0800 hrs to 1500 hrs one Manjula (16) D/o Hanumanthappa R/o Ikala village left her house and did not return there after to her house. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 398
Fine amount collected: Rs. 22,800/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500