Dacoity : Nil
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 30/08/2006 between 0830 hrs to 1430 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Rama (40) R/o Bedrady Karnur Nettanige Mudnur village Puttur Taluk by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of Mangalsuthra worth Rs.14, 000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 31/08/2006 between 1030 hrs to 1645 hrs some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Prabhakara (56) R/o Prabha Compound Parladka Puttur Taluk by breaking the front door lock and committed theft of gold ornaments worth Rs.24, 700/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
Non Fatal: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1145 hrs on NH 48, 10th Mile Pudu village Bantwal Taluk one Janardhana driver of car bearing Reg. No KA-19-A-623 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Mohammad Arif (06) R/o Pudu village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1800 hrs at Vinobhanagara Jalsur village Sullia Taluk one Prafulchandra Rai driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2239 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a School bus bearing Reg. No KA-21-685 from behind due which teachers Saroja, Gayathri, Gunavathi and 12 students who were in the bus sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1245 hrs near Madyar Kotekar Mangalore Taluk one Ismail driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No KA-19-A-4639 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly, due which the auto rickshaw capsized. As a result Ismail K. H (60), Bipathumma (45) R/o Adkerepadpu house Konaje and Hyder (22) R/o Adkerepadpu house Konaje who were travelling in the said autorickshaw sustained grievous injuries. No injuries reported to auto rickshaw driver Ismail.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case under cheating by impersonation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 1400 hrs accused Naveen Kumar (32) R/o Devaragunda house Kulashekara Mangalore and Shamir (34) R/o Bannurukatte Puttur Taluk pretending as Police personnel entered a Tea canteen located at Mangalore Service Bus Stand belonging to one Manjunatha (32) R/o Azizuddin road Mangalore and demanded money money from him.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Essential Commodities Act along with LPG regulation of Supply and Distribution order-2000 has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 31/08/2006 on credible information Mr.Shivappa Food Inspector Panambur Branch Mangalore with the assistance of Kavoor Police conducted a raid on a house belonging to one Vincent Crasta (30) R/o Devinagar Kunjathbail Mangalore and seized 08 Gas cylinders, Regulators with pipe and weighing machines...etc which were being used for illegal filling of gas cylinders for autorickshaws and other vehicles. Vincent Crasta has been arrested.
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 31/08/2006 at 0500 hrs one Mahesh Kumar (24) R/o Mugeru house Sangabettu village Bantwal Taluk committed suicide by jumping into a well near his house owing to personnel problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 30/08/2006 at 0700 hrs one Vasu Poojary (65) R/o Gajani house Manampady village Mangalore Taluk fell from a coconut tree while removing toddy and got seriously injured. He was admitted to A J Hospital Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on 30/08/2006 at 1945 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural death Report has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 31/08/2006 1500 hrs one Kanthappa Poojary (70) R/o Subhash Nagara Munnur village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Boy missing case has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. One Puneeth Shetty (18) R/o Marakada cross, Badagamijaru village Mangalore Taluk left his house on 25/08/2006 at 1730 hrs and did not return there after to his house. He is found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 396
Fine amount collected: Rs. 14,500/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500