Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urva Police Station. On 15/09/2006 at 1500 hrs on NH 17 at Kottara Chowki Mangalore one Namdev R/o Kempugudde Neermarga Mangalore driver of Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-8645 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Anantheshwara (39) R/o Kottara chowki Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 15/09/2006 at 1815 hrs near Bunts Hostel Mangalore one driver of Indica car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-4063 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-6725 due to which motorcycle rider lost control over his vehicle and dashed against one Shobha (52) W/o Krishna B R/o Bhuvanendra Apartments Kadri road Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. The Indica car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case under Forgery and Cheating has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station on the complaint of Vijay Kumar R/o Sankalagudde Bejai Mangalore Taluk. It is alleged in the complaint that in the month of March 2006 accused persons viz Krishna Poojary, Meenakshi, Krishna, Rajesh and Niranjan sold some land by using forged document to the complainant which was already sold to another party and there by cheated the complainant.
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case of house gambling under Karnataka Police Act has been detected in Mangalore East Police Station limits. On 15/09/2006 at 2245 hrs on credible information DySP of Mangalore City and PI Mangalore East PS along with staff conducted a raid on Navayug Recreation club at City Plaza Bendoo well. At the time of raid Police found 16 persons playing “Ander- Bahar” with cards. The Police seized cash Rs.29, 356/ and playing cards from the spot by arresting Sanjay, Harish Shetty, Imthiyaz, Seetharama, Samsuddin, Saleem, Lancy Pinto, Ravi, Suresha, Mohammed, Rajesh, Santhosh, Suresha Rohit, Ismail, and Ashok who were indulged in gambling.
Unnatural Death Report: 04
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 14/09/2006 at 0930 hrs one Aithappa Poojary (38) R/o Meramajalu village Batwal Taluk consumed poison in his house owing to health problem. He was admitted to Wenlock hospital Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on 15/09/2006 at 1445 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 04/09/2006 at 0830 hrs one Sandya (19) D/o Dharmaraj @ Narayana R/o Maduguri house Mani village sustained serious burn injuries while trying to light a Kerosene Stove. She was admitted to Wenlock hospital Mangalore where in she succumbed her injuries while under treatment on 14/09/2006 at 2330 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Vittal Police Station. In between 14/09/2006 at 1200 hrs and 15/09/2006 at 1000 hrs one Suresh Naik (30) R/o Ariya house Anethadka Alike village accidentally slipped into the well near his house and died due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 15/09/2006 at Bhahubali Betta Dharmastala village Belthangady Taluk one unknown person aged about 40 yrs to 45 yrs committed suicide by hanging owing to personal problems.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 254
Fine amount collected: Rs. 11,900/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500