Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by Husband, Criminal intimidation along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Surathkal Police Station on the complaint of Johara (28) w/o Hameed R/o Ayshavilla Katipalla village Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Hameed (husband) and his relatives Abdul Salam, Moydin @ Unzhi, Khatija and Salika gave physical and mental harassment to Johara to bring more dowry and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Urwa Police Station. On 02/09/2006 at 1415 hrs on NH 17 at Barebail Mangalore Taluk one Ramesh (25) R/o Usmanbad Maharastra State driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. MH-12-CH-5325 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a Tipper lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-A-2136 from behind. Further the Lorry driver lost control over his vehicle and the Lorry capsized due which one Datta (25) R/o Puna Cleaner of the said Lorry sustained serious injuries and died on the spot. Another Kallappa (26) who was travelling in the Lorry and the driver Ramesh (25) sustained serious injuries.
Non Fatal: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 02/09/2006 at 1345 hrs in front of Taj Jewellers Bendoorwell Managalore one Santhosh Lobo rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-4708 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-6219. As a result one Devarj Shet (50) R/o Mannagude, Mangalore Taluk rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-J-6219 sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1630 hrs near Interlock Brick Industries Kandavara village Mangalore Taluk one Balakrishna driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No KA-20-A-32 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against pedestrians Santhosh (06), Aishwarya (06) and Varshitha (06) and caused them simple injuries. Further he lost control over his vehicle due which the auto rickshaw capsized. Rahul (06), Manikanta (06), Deekshitha (06) who were travelling in the said auto rickshaw also sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 01/09/2006 at 1015 hrs one auto rickshaw driver bearing Reg. No. KA-21-3838 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-3300. As a result motorcycle rider one Guddappa K Rai (65) R/o Kanathila Sullia Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 28/08/2006 at 2130 hrs near Main gate of Dharmastala temple accused Rohit and other two persons assaulted one Ravi Bhandari R/o Mallarmudi house Dharmastala village Belthangady Taluk with wooden stick owing to personal enmity.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Karnataka Excise Act has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 02/09/2006 at 1700 hrs on credible information PSI Puttur Rural PS with his staff intercepted a Maruti car bearing Reg. No. KL-14-C-8488 at Kunjoorupanja Ariyapu village Puttur Taluk and seized 3500 arrack sachets (each 100 ML) being transported illegally. The driver and another person who was in the car however manged to escape. Total worth of arrack sachets seized is Rs. 35,000/ and value of Maruti car Rs. 1,05,000/.
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. In between 01/09/2006 at 2100 hrs and 02/09/2006 at 0900 hrs one Krishna (30) R/o Nirude Badagaekkaru village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the well near Dailapadavu Muduperara village Mangalore Taluk owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 02/09/2006 in between 1530 hrs to 1600hrs SiSili (32) R/o Kannampulla Thatathadi village and her Child Eldo(2) accidentally fell into the well near their house and died of drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. One Ekanatha Achari (25) R/o Meramajalu village Bantwal Taluk who was highly drunk fell on the gate of his house and got injured. He was admitted to Fr. Muller hospital Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment.
Missing Persons: 01
- A Woman missing case has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. One Ningamma (45) R/o Beluru Hassan district who went to Wenlock Hospital Mangalore on 07/08/2006 did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 267
Fine amount collected: Rs. 11,200/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500