Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by Husband and his relatives has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station on the complaint of one Asha Shubha Saldanha (22) W/o Anil Saldanha. R/o Kadri Kambla Mallikatte Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that on 09/05/2009 at 1330 hrs accused Anil Saldanha (husband) and his mother Shobina Saldanha gave physical and mental harassment to Asha Shubha Saldanha and assaulted her by hand.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered Bajpe Police Station. On 09/05/2009 at 1445 hrs near bus stand at Yekkaru village Mangalore Taluk one Mohan Shetty (55) R/o Thenka Yekkar village Mangalore Taluk a passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AD-36 fell down from the bus and sustained serious injuries while getting down as the Bhaskar Poojary driver of the bus moved the bus in negligent manner. Further he succumbed to his injuries while on the way hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 08/05/2009 at 1545 hrs at Gurupura Ani Mulur village Mangalore Taluk one Mohammed Haneef driver of Tipper Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-25-A-3666 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AD-2727. As a result Jayarma Naik (28) R/o Shirlalu village Karkala Taluk who was traveling in the said bus sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 08/05/2009 at 2100 hrs at near Canara bank Permude village Mangalore Taluk one driver of Maruthi car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-3080 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-9763. As a result motorcycle rider one Loyed D Souza (20) R/o Permude village Mangalore Taluk sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 08/05/2009 at 1830 hrs on Naravi-Moodabidre road at Aliyur Junction one Prashanth rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-3570 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Manpa Harijan (70) R/o Valpady village and Post Mangalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Attempt to Murder has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 09/05/2009 at 2130 hrs Allai Gudde Mulur village Mangalore Taluk two unknown persons aged about 25 yrs came in a motorcycle and assaulted one Surath Shetty (26) R/o Gurupura post Mulur village Mangalore Taluk with sharp weapon and tried to kill him.
- A case under Causing grievous hurt due to negligent act (Sec 338 IPC) has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 08/05/2009 at 1230 hrs at Karnataka Saw Mill at Ambika road Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk one K.M Ummer Farooq R/o Moodigere Taluk Chikamagalore District driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19- KA-19-7883 while taking reverse of the vehicle drove negligently due which the wooden logs fell over one K.A Mohammed Arif (19) R/o Darada halli Mudigere Chikamagalur District a cleaner of said lorry and sustained serious injuries.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. In between 0900 hrs and 1000 hrs of 09/05/2009 one Ramesh Poojary (45) R/o handelu village Moodabidre Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in his house owing to health problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 0230 hrs and 0400 hrs of 10/05/2009 one Sathyavelu (49) R/o Military ground Sullia Town consumed poison in his house owing to personal problem. He was admitted to Govt hospital at Sullia where he was declared dead while under treatment.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 275
Fine amounts collected: 30,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.