- A case under Murder has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On the night of 09/05/2009 at Maroli Yedamangala village Sullia Taluk one Venkatramana Gowda (35) R/o Maroli Yedamangala village Sullia Taluk killed his wife Rajeevi and baby Vanditha (01 year) by giving some poison to them and he also committed suicide by consuming some poison. The motive seems to be some health problem.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On the intervening night of 09-10/05/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Narayana Acharya (55) R/o Thettaje Kinya village Mangalore Taluk by removing the roof tiles and committed a theft of gold ornaments and cash all in worth Rs. 11,300/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Vittal Police Station. On 10/05/2009 at 1030 hrs at near Anganavadi Nettharakere village Vittal Town one Vasantha driver of Maruthi car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-M-7467 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-7303. As a result motorcycle rider Abudulla (42) R/o Kasaragod District Kerala State and Haneef pillion rider said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 03/05/2009 at 1330 hrs on NH 48 at Addahole Shiradi village Puttur Taluk one Mahendra rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-L-9132 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Mobin (20) R/o Konnupurath Shiradi village Puttur Taluk a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further motorcycle rider lost control over the vehicle due which motorcycle capsized. As a result Subin pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 09/05/2009 at 2000 hrs on Ujire- Dharmasthala Road at Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk one unknown driver of Jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-18-M-1186 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-9324 due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result auto rickshaw driver Ramesh and Venkappa Gowda (51) R/o Kanyadi Dharmasthala village Belthangady Taluk who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries. The driver of jeep escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 10/05/2009 at 1000 hrs accused Krishnayya Shetty, Preetham Hegde and Suresh Shetty assaulted Jayaraj Shetty (60) R/o Kodiyalbailu Mangalore, his sister Vasundhara and his children by hand and with wooden stick. The motive seems to be civil dispute between Jayaraj Shetty and Krishanyya Shetty.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 04
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 10/05/2009 at 130 hrs On Leela (50) R/o Shibrakere Thenkayedapadvu village Mangalore Taluk got injured by some poison insect while working near his house. Further she admitted to Moodabidre Alvas hospital where she succumbed to her injuries while under treatment on the same at 1410 hrs.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 10/05/2009 at 1500 hrs one unknown male dead body aged about 65 yrs to 70 yrs was found near main gate at Dharmasthala village Belthangdy Taluk. The death seems to be due to some illness.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 0230 hrs and 0400 hrs of 10/05/2009 one Sathyavelu (49) R/o Militry ground at Sullia Town commited suicide by consuming some poison in his house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 09/05/2009 at 0645 hrs one Naveena (19) R/o Yenekall Sullia Taluk committed suicide by hanging near his house owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 301
Fine amounts collected: 36,900/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.