The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 22/05/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 02
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 2100 hrs of 28/04/2009 and 0600 hrs of 29/04/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-9171 belonging to one Vinay Bhat M R/o V.T road Mangalore that was parked near his house. The scooter is worth Rs. 25, 000/.
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. In between 0930 hrs of 27/03/2009 and 1000 hrs of 27/03/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of Honda Activa scooter bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-8470 belonging to one Mohammed Shareef (32) R/o Panemangalore Bantwal Taluk that was parked near Central Market Mangalore. The scooter is worth Rs. 20, 000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband and his relatives along with Dowry Prohibition Act has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station on the complaint of one Fathima Nishad (32) R/o Lower Bendoor Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Rija Shah (husband), Fathima Rahim, Yasmin Samad and Abdul Samad gave physical and mental harassment to one Fathima Nishad to bring more dowry.
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station where in one Gulabi @ Soma (70) R/o Hosabettu village Manjeshwara Kerala State was declared dead while under treatment on 21/05/2009 at 1700 hrs. The said Gulabi @ Soma (70) was seriously injured by a scooter in a road traffic accident on 17/05/2009 at 2215 hrs on NH 17 at Kolya Someshwara village Mangalore Taluk and admitted to the Wenlock Hospital at Mangalore. In this connection a case of road traffic accident was already registered in Ullal Police Station.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 21/05/2009 at 0945 hrs on Kavoor-Kuloor road near BJS School Kavoor Mangalore one Abdul Gafoor rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-X-876 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one K Mohammed Haneef (30) R/o Gandhi Nagar Kavoor Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 21/05/2009 at 0845 hrs near Kaikamba bus stand Badagulipady village Mangalore Taluk one Vishwanatha driver of Tempo bearing Reg. No. KA-21-7808 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against pedestrians Mohammed (42) R/o Ammunje Benjana Padav post Bantwal Taluk and his wife Zohara and caused them grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case under Criminal breach of trust and Cheating has been registered in Ullal Police Station where in accused Mahesh driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. TN-23-K-4172 and R. Gopala owner of said lorry committed criminal breach of trust to one Rajesh Rai (42) C/o Surath Goods Transport Pvt. Ltd. Bander Mangalore who had given contract to the accused to transport 300 bags Sugar (15 tons) from Talapdy at Mangalore to Kollam Civil supplies in Kerala on 20/04/2009. The accused persons cheated Rajesh Rai without supplying the material to the concerned Kallam civil Supplies.
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 20/05/2009 at 1800 hrs one Bheema (70) suddenly fell down due to some illness at APMC Yard Baikampady Mangalore Taluk and he was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day at 1925 hrs. The death seems to be due to excessive drinking.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 375
Fine amounts collected: 48,100/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.