The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 30/05/2009.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 1930 hrs on NH 17 at Honnakatte Junction Mangalore one Ramalingeshwara driver of Lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-28-A-7154 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Umesh Shetty (45) R/o Kulai Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further Umesh Shetty succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Barke Police Station. On 16/05/2009 at 1430 hrs near Lalbagh signal Mangalore one Sameer driver of Bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-3369 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-4332 driven by one Girish Rao R/o Urwastores Mangalore. As a result the car got damaged. No causalities reported. The bus driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 0950 hrs at bus stand at Bajpe one Leela (70) R/o Kattalsar Paduperara village Mangalore Taluk passenger of the bus Route No 22 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which she fell down from the bus and sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 1330 hrs near Prashanth Bar Jalsoor village Sullia Taluk accused Janardhana, Rajendra and Manjappa abused one Padmanabha (33) R/o Jalsoor village Sullia Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and with stone and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Others : 01
- A case of Affray has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 28/05/2009 at 1730 hrs accused Azeez (35), C.K Mohammed (65), Musthafa G.M, Mohammed Kunhi (42), Sangam Azeez, Ummer K.N and Musthafa M.K all residents of Sullia Taluk picked up quarrel and started fighting over trivial issue in a public place at Goonadka Sampaje village Sullia Taluk. The Police arrested the accused and took up a case under affray (sec 160) IPC.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 0715 hrs and 0800 hrs of 29/05/2009 one Srinivas Ayyangar accidentally fell down at Sharavathi Lodge at Dharmasthala Belthangady Taluk and died. The death seems due to some illness.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 293
Fine amounts collected: 35,100/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.