The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 31/05/2009.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case of Ordinary Theft has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 13/05/2009 at 2000 hrs one Rawoof committed theft of a mobile phone that was kept inside the house belonging to one Ramesh Naik (50) R/o Kabaka village Puttur Taluk.
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 03
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 1215 hrs near Parpunja Volamogru village Puttur Taluk one Gopalakrishna driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-05-M-8728 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a KSRTC bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-F-2143 driven by one Abdul Azeez (29) C/o KSRTC Puttur. As a result Gopalakrishna the driver of said car sustained simple injuries. Both the vehicle got damaged.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 30/05/2009 at 1030 hrs near Temple square Cart street Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-7250 drove his vehicle in backward direction in rash and negligent manner and collided against one Mohini Shenoy (60) R/o Airport road Bajpe Mangalore a pedestrian and caused her grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 30/05/2009 at 0700 hrs near Nandigudda Mangalore one unknown rider of motorcycle drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Santhosh a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries. The motorcycle rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case under Cheating along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station on the complaint of one Suryanarayan Rao (67) R/o Karangalpady Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Ajrun and others taken a cash of 18,00,000/ from one Suryanarayan Rao for sanctioning a loan and cheated him by not giving the sanctioned loan amount and also gave life threat to him.
Attempt to Murderte: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 30/05/2009 at 2315 hrs accused Pradeep Shetty @ Tammu and Karunakar @ Karna came in a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-9910 and criminally restrained one Rakshan Konde (28) R/o Pajeeru village Bantwal Taluk at Kurnadu village Bantwal Taluk and abused him in filthy language and also assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Hurt has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 1830 hrs at Kurumbilaje Kukkedi village Belthangady Taluk accused Chennappa assaulted one Prasad K (22) R/o Kurumbilaje Kukkedi village Belthangady Taluk with sickle owing to civil dispute.
- A case under Hurt along with Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 29/05/2009 at 1830 hrs at Kurumbilaje Kukkedi village Belthangady Taluk accused Prasad K abused one Chennappa (42) R/o Kurumbilaje Kukkedi village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him with sickle owing to civil dispute.
- A case of Counterfeiting currency has been registered in Urwa Police Station on the complaint of K.C Prabhu (60) Senior Branch manager Syndicate Bank Bejai Mangalore where in it is alleged that some unknown customers came to the Syndicate Bank Bejai Mangalore and deposited cash. On checking, bank officials found 05 Nos. of counterfeit currency of face value Rs. 1000/ and 500/ in the bundle.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bajpe Police Station. In between 0800 hrs of 29/05/2009 and 1445 hrs of 30/05/2009 one Karunakara Gowda (40) R/o Kompadavu village Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by jumping into the pond near her house owing to personal problem and died due to drowning.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 27/05/2008 at 1430 hrs one Damodhara (30) R/o Delanthabettu Surathkal Mangalore attempted to commit suicide by consuming pesticide in his house owing to personal problem. Further he was admitted to A.J hospital at Mangalore where he declared dead while under treatment on 30/05/2009 at 1700 hrs.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 365
Fine amounts collected: 44,500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.