- A case of Murder has been registered in Mangalore Rural Police Station. On 12/05/2009 at 0730 hrs at Kankanady Railway Alape Mangalore some unknown persons murdered one unknown person aged about 35 yrs with sharp weapon owing to some previous enmity.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. In between 1800 hrs of 11/05/2009 and 0900 hrs of 12/05/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Dr. M.R Shetty R/o Old Kent road Mangalore by breaking the backside door lock and committed a theft of gold And diamond ornaments and a laptop. The total value of stolen property is yet to be estimated.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Abetment of suicide has been registered in Kavoor Police Station on the complaint of one Jayanthi R/o Jyothi nagar Kunjathbail Mangalore. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Shreelanjan R/o Marakada Mangalore gave physical and mental harassment to one Jayanthi w/o Shreelanjan R/o Marakada Mangalore to bring more dowry due to which in between 0330 hrs and 0400 hrs of 10/05/2009 she attempted to commit suicide by hanging in her house.
- A case under Criminal Trespass, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 11/05/2009 at 1430 hrs accused Purushothama and Rajesh criminally trespassed into the land belonging to one Yashodha (25) R/o Panjikallu village Bantwal Taluk and abused her in filthy language and assaulted her by hand and with wooden stick and also gave life threat to her owing to financial dispute.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 11/05/2009 at 1430 hrs near Golden Square building at Maidan road Mangalore one driver of Car bearing Reg. No. CRX-3043 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Shivappa a pedestrian and caused him serious injuries. Further Shivappa succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 11/05/2009 at 2200 hrs at Kotebagilu Marpady village Mangalore Taluk one Vasantha Poojary driver of Tipper lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-7380 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an electric pole. Further he lost control over his vehicle and collided against another Maruti WagonR car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MC-5463 and Auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-2453. As a result the entire vehicle got damaged. No causalities reported.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 10/05/2009 at 2030 hrs accused Sunny criminally restrained one Ravi (24) R/o Indira Nagar Tarikere Taluk Chikamagalur District in hotel at Kolyada Katte Balya village Puttur Taluk and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: Nil
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 407
Fine amounts collected: 49,200/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.