Dacoity : Nil
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On the intervening night of 24-25/08/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Godown of Medicare Farm Medicare centre at Karangalapady Mangalore belonging to one Premachandran by breaking the shutter lock and committed theft of Syringes, Capsules and other medical items in all worth Rs. 7,00,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On the intervening night of 25-26/08/2006 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Karvali Printers at Aladangady Badagakarandooru village Belthangady Taluk belonging to one Pramod Kumar (30) by breaking the door lock and committed theft of Digital photocopy machine, Fax, Scanner, Lamination machine and computers in all worth Rs. 1,41,000/
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: Nil
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
Non Fatal: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 25/08/2006 at 0815 hrs in front of Woman’s Pre university college Balmatta Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-MB-9099 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed to a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-U-6261 from behind. As a result motorcycle rider Laxmana (50) R/o R.K compound Adyar Mangalore Taluk and his wife Girija sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Ullal Police Station. On 23/08/2006 at 2200 hrs near Nehru Nagar Ullal village Mangalore Taluk one Suresh rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KL-19-L-2453 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Rajesh (23) S/o Rama Amin R/o Bastipadpu, Ullal Mangalore a pedestrian and caused him grievous injuries.
- A case under Criminal breach of trust and cheating has been registered in Panambur Police Station where in accused Savran A, Sathish driver cum owner of Lorry bearing Reg. No. AP-21-4493, Udaya Kumar and Shamshuddin Manager of M/s New Swagath Roadways Kottarchowki Mangalore committed criminal breach of trust to one Lokesh K.G Manger, Leo Clearing and Forwarding agent Lalbagh Bangalore who had given contract to the accused to transport pig iron material (17 tons) from Kisko Factory at Thokur to Elevoor Electro Steal Casting Ltd in Tamil Nadu on 27/07/2006. The accused persons cheated Lokesh KG without supplying the material to the concerned Factory.
- A case of Rioting, Hurt along with criminal intimidation has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 25/08/2006 at 1820 hrs at cross road Railway Station, near University college Mangalore accused Prasad Shetty, Radha, Vikram, Prakyath Shetty, Kiran, Vishal Raj, Nemiraj Shetty, Pavan Raj forming into an unlawful assembly assaulted Rokesh K R (20) R/o Ganesh Kupra Kumpal Kotekaru Mangalore and Rupesh with Punch (iron object) and Soda bottle and also gave life threat to them owing to personal enmity.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under Wild Life Protection Act 1972 has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 25/08/2006 at 1715 hrs near Kotecha Hall Padil Puttur Town PI Puttur Town PS and his staff on credible information apprehended one Abdul Rehman (45) S/o Ismail R/o Kajoor Bavaliban Mithabagilu village, Belthangady Taluk and seized a Leopard skin worth Rs. 50,000/ which he was carrying illegally.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Girl missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. One Sharada (23) D/o Chaniyappa Naik R/o Nandarabettu Kanyana village who went to Mangalore on 22/08/2006 did not return there after to her house. She is found missing since then.
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 525
Fine amount collected: Rs. 33,500/
For details contact district Control Room on 0824 2220500