- A case under Murder has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 31/12/2007 at 1330 hrs at Udane Konaje village Puttur Taluk accused one Balakrishna Gowda R/o Baremelu Rekhya village Belthangady Taluk assaulted his father one Shivappa Gowda (58) with sickle owing to civil dispute due which he got serious injuries and died on spot.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 01
- A case of Outraging the modesty of women, Hurt along with Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 31/12/2007 at 1930 hrs accused one Sada R/o Thaneerubavi Panambur Mangalore outraged modesty of one Khairunnisa (20) w/o Siraj R/o Thaneerubavi Panambur Mangalore by pulling her hand and abused her in filthy language and also assaulted her by hand near her house owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 31/12/2007 at 2400 hrs at Uthrambe Nalkuru village Sullia Taluk one Kamalaksha driver of Swaraz Mazda lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-09-A-9090 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and lost control over his vehicle due which Swaraz Mazda lorry capsized. As a result one Vijaya Kumar (28) R/o Kattemane Kollamogaru village Sullia Taluk cleaner of said Swaraz Mazda lorry sustained serious injuries. Further he was admitted to Govt hospital at Sullia where he succumbed to his injuries while under treatment on the same day.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 31/12/2007 at 1120 hrs at Pumpwell Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AE-786 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-8529 driven by one Chandrashekara (31) R/o Pumpwell Mangalore. As a result car got damaged. No causalities reported.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Subramanya Police Station. On 31/12/2007 at 1700 hrs one Purushotama (23) R/o Alakke Yedamangala village Sullia Taluk committed suicide by consuming poison in his house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 371
Fine amounts collected: Rs.23, 000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.