Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV theft has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 04/01/2008 in between 0830 hrs and 1300 hrs some unknown culprits committed theft of a Yamaha motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-J-8464 belonging to one Jayasadana R/o Kunjibettu Udupi District that was parked in the premise of St. Aloysius College at Mangalore. The motorcycle is worth Rs. 7,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under House trespass, Mischief of causing damage, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On 09/01/2008 at 2100 hrs accused Sathish Karkera, Vasantha, Sudhakara Poojary and Jayakara Poojary criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Dharnamma (55) R/o Kadalkere Puthige village Mangalore Taluk and abused her in filthy language and gave life threat to her and also damaged house by breaking the front door owing to trivial issue. The damage is caused about Rs. 1,000/.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered Mangalore East Police Station. On 09/01/2008 at 1930 hrs near Bejai bus stand at Mangalore one Sundari (45) R/o Bejai Church cross road Mangalore the passenger of the bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-9281 while getting down from the bus, the driver of bus moved the bus in a negligent manner due which she fell down from the bus and sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Bantwal Town Police Station. On 08/01/2008 at 1000 hrs at Jakribettu Bantwal Town one Rajesh rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-W-1511 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against one Rajendra Jain (38) R/o Perla Sarapady village Bantwal Taluk a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 09/01/2008 at 1000 hrs at Kollaje cross Kokkada village Belthangady Taluk one Ananda driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-20-M-2042 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied break suddenly due which due which jeep capsized. As a result Dharnappa Gowda (53) R/o Kokkada village Belthangady Taluk who was traveling in the said jeep sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 10/01/2008 at 2130 hrs at Madyangala Arayadka village Puttur Taluk one unknown driver of Ambassador car bearing Reg. No. KA-12-M-3494 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and dashed against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-20-K-6892. As a result motorcycle rider one Hilary D’Souza (22) R/o Bettampady village Puttur Taluk and Francis D'Souza pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries. The Ambassador car driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/ Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 10/01/2008 in between 1300 hrs and 1400 hrs one Unknown male dead body aged about 40 to 45 yrs was found near Railway Quarters at Panambur Mangalore. It seems to be a case of suicide by hanging.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 10/01/2008 in between 0730 hrs and 2000 hrs one Parameshwari (55) R/o Ambatekodi Keyyuru village Puttur Taluk committed suicide by hanging near her house owing to health problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 481.
Fine amounts collected: Rs.36, 500/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.