- A case of Burglary has been registered in Ullal Police Station. In between 2030 hrs of 03/10/2009 and 0545 hrs of 04/10/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Sri Rajarajeshwari temple at Kuthar Munnuru village Mangalore Taluk by breaking the back door and committed a theft of gold ornaments, silver ornaments and Kanike Hundi all in worth Rs. 1,20,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. In between 1930 hrs of 03/10/2009 and 0830 hrs 04/10/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to Rahamathulla (45) R/o 2nd Block Katipalla village Mangalore Taluk by removing the roof tiles and committed a theft of gold ornaments worth Rs. 2,50,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under House trespass, Outraging the modesty of women, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 03/10/2009 at 2245 hrs accused one Pakeera criminally trespassed into the house belonging to one Devaki (24) W/o Ravi R/o Guriyana Kunthoor village Puttur Taluk and outraged her modesty by pulling her hand and assaulted her with sickle and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Hurt along with Outraging the modesty of women has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 0800 hrs accused Siddiq and Ummer Kunhi criminally restrained one Sunanda (50) W/o Soma R/o Mitthabagilu village Belthangady Taluk near Killur Society at Mitthabagilu village Belthangady Taluk and outraged her modesty by pulling her hair and assaulted her by hand owing to trivial issue.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 03/10/2009 at 1715 hrs near church complex at Kinnigoli Talipadi village Mangalore Taluk one Jagadish Shetty rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-4520 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Elizabeth Pinto (78) R/o Kinnigoli Mennabettu village Manhgalore Taluk a pedestrian and caused her simple injuries. Further the motorcycle rider escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 2100 hrs on Kadoor-Bantwal road at Belthangady Town one driver of lorry bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-6217 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against an auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-A-2750 driven by Ashraf (24) R/o Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk. As a result one Ganesh who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: 01
- A case of Cheating has been registered in Urva Police Station. On 29/09/2009 at 0945 hrs two unknown persons entered as customers into the Sadhana Jewellers shop at Kottara Mangalore belonging to one Damodhara Achar (55) R/o Kalbavi Mangalore and took away the gold ornaments worth Rs 2,00,000/ by diverting the attention of the shop keeper.
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: 03
- A case of Gambling under Karnataka Police Act has been registered in Mangalore South Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 2000 hrs on credible information PSI (L&O) Mangalore South PS along with staff conducted a raid on open place at Boat yard Hoige Bazar Mangalore. At the time of raid Police found 21 persons playing “Ander- Bahar” with cards. The Police seized cash Rs. 7,615/, 08 mobile phone, 11 watch’s, 10 Gold ornaments, 01 car, 04 Honda Activa Matrix scooters and playing cards from the spot by arresting Ramesh, Madhu, Abdul, Aslam, Subramanya, Praveen Kumar, Shivaraj, Althaf, Mahammad, Chandra, Ananda, Gopalakrishna, Lathish, Pradeesh Kumar, Ravi, Ramesh, Hanif, Hasan, Sathish, Mahammad and Hunumantha who were indulged in gambling.
- A case of Gambling under Karnataka Police Act has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 1530 hrs on credible information PI Mangalore East PS along with staff conducted a raid on an open place near Murgimut at Dongarakeri Mangalore. At the time of raid Police found 08 persons playing “Ander- Bahar” with cards. The Police seized cash Rs. 2,635/ and playing cards from the spot by arresting Shrinivas Shetty, Prakash, Prabhakar, Niranjan, Shivaraj, Ganesh, Sunil and Tharanath who were indulged in gambling.
- A case under Prevention of cruelty to Animal Act and Prevention of Cow Slaughter Act along with Theft has been registered in Kadaba Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 1645 hrs PSI Kadaba PS and staff on credible information apprehended Jattappa Shetty (62) and Iliyas and seized a cattle being taken illegally. On enquiry it was learnt that the cattle has been stolen somewhere else. However another unkwon accused manages to escape from the scene.
Unnatural Death Report: 02
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. In between 1600 hrs and 1700 hrs of 03/10/2009 one Jyothi (30) W/o Sachin R/o Gandhinagar Moodabidre Mangalore Taluk committed suicide by hanging in her house owing to personal problem.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 1700 hrs of 03/10/2009 and 0800 hrs of 04/10/2009 one Devaki (58) R/o Kuthyadi Peralu Mandekolu village Sullia Taluk accidentally slipped into the river while walking near her house and died due drowning.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 150
Fine amounts collected: 10,000/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.