- A case under Murder has been registered in Sullia Police Station. In between 19/10/2009 and 2130 hrs of 20/10/2009 at Boliyamoole Bellare village Sullia Taluk one Narayana Bhat R/o Boliyamoole Bellare village Sullia Taluk Sullia Taluk killed his son Krishnaprasad by giving some poison to him and he also committed suicide by consuming some poison owing to family problem.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Venoor Police Station. In between 0100 hrs and 0400 hrs of 22/10/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging one Shiek Yusuf Nayaz (20) R/o Kalabagilu Moodupadukodi village Bantwal Taluk by breaking the window grills and committed a theft of cash Rs. 25,000/, a laptop, 2 mobile phone and gold ornaments all in worth Rs. 75,000/.
Ordinary Theft: 01
- A case under Attempt to Theft has been registered in Punambur Police Station. On 20/10/2009 at 2020 hrs at Industrial Area Baikampady Mangalore accused Sudhir Shetty, Damodhara Poojary was caught red-handed by PSI Panabur PS while they were attempted to commit theft of diesel worth Rs. 4,24,000/ and petrol worth Rs. 600/from the Tanker bearing Reg. No. KA-19-AC-238. The Tanker and the property were seized. However 3 other accused Shridhar, Nagesh and Kishore manage to escape from the scene.
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case of MV Theft has been registered in Mangalore East Police Station. In between 1500 hrs and 1630 hrs of 13/10/2009 some unknown culprits committed theft of a TVS Victor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-S-7163 belonging to one Krishna Mohan (24) R/o Kotekar Mangalore that was parked near Somayaji building at Bunts Hostel Mangalore. The TVS Victor motorcycle is worth Rs. 20,000/.
Crime against Women: 01
- A case under Cruelty by husband along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Venoor Police Station on the complaint of one Radhika Hegde (29) w/o Shivaprasad R/o Mudaru village Bajagoli Udupi District. In the complaint it is alleged that accused Shivaprasad (husband) R/o Venoor gave physical and mental harassment to one Shivaprasad and he assaulted her by hand and also gave life threat to her.
Road Traffic Accidents: 02
- A case of Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic West Police Station. On 21/10/2009 at 0030 hrs near Petrol Bunk at Ladyhill Mangalore one Rajgopal rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-09-EK-4422 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a divider. As a result motorcycle rider one Rajgopal sustained serious injuries. Further he succumbed to his injuries while on the way to hospital.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Mulki Police Station. On 19/10/2009 at 2235 hrs at Kapikadu Mennabettu village Mangalore Taluk one Guruprasad rider of motorcycle bearing Reg.No. KA-09-K-9180 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Dinesh Kumar R (25) Ro Ariyala Kallamundkuru village Mangalore Taluk a pdestrian and caused him simple injuries. The rider of motorcycle escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. On 20/10/2009 at 1400 hrs at Koornadka Puttur Taluk one Hameed rider of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-21-8706 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-5761. As a result motorcycle rider one Shiek Kareem R/o Kodimbadi Puttur Taluk sustained simple injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: 01
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Attempt to murder has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 21/10/2009 at 1800 hrs accused two unknown persons came in a motorcycle and criminally stopped a M80 bearing Reg. No. KA-19-H-8868 and abused one Ismail (45) R/o Amavasye Kariya Idya village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language at Guddekoppala Idya village Mangalore Taluk and also tried to kill him by assaulting with knife owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Criminal force to deter public servant, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 20/10/2009 at 1930 hrs accused Keshava, Abbusali, Usman and Madhava all residents of Janatha colony Neria village Belthangady Taluk abused one Harish (29) Village Accountant while he was on duty at Neria village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language and assaulted him by hand and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: 01
- A case under the Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act has been registered in Woman Police Station. On 20/10/2009 at 1045 hrs WPSI Women PS on rounds arrested one Geetha @ Sangeetha (39) W/o Santhosha R/o Uppala Kasaragod District Kerala State who was soliciting for prostitution at public place near Service bus stand at Mangalore.
Unnatural Death Report: 03
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Kavoor Police Station. On 21/10/2009 at 0130 hrs one Vikram (45) R/o Akashabhavan Managalore due to some illness fell down in his house. Further Vikram was admitted to Wenlock hospital at Mangalore where he was declared dead on the same day.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. In between 07/10/2009 and 1230 hrs of 22/10/2009 one Sadhashiva was found dead at Beach house at Sadhashivanagara Surathkal village Mangalore Taluk. The death seems to be due to heavy drunkness.
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. In between 1100 hrs of 16/10/2009 and 0830 hrs of 20/10/2009 one Deepakraj (20) R/o Kalladi Ira village Bantwal Taluk committed suicide by jumping into a pond near his house and died due drowning.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Boy missing has been registered in Vittal Police Station. One Kumaraswamy (14) R/o Kommunje Manila village Bantwal Taluk left his house on 18/10/2009 at 0900 hrs and did not return to his house there after. He has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 276
Fine amounts collected: 21,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.