The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 07/10/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Moodabidre Police Station. On the intervening night of 06/10/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the Sri Radhakrisha Bhajana Mandira at Thenka Mijaru village Mangalore Taluk by breaking main door lock and committed theft of Khanike Hundi. The total worth of stolen property is Rs. 4, 000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: 01
- A case under M.V. Theft has been registered in Urwa Police Station. In between 2200 hrs of 24/09/2009 and 0630 hrs of 25/09/2009 some unknown culprits committed a theft of a Bajaj Pulsor motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Y-3272 belonging to one Udyachandra J (31) R/o Hoigebail Mangalore that was parked near his house. The worth of motorcycle is yet to be estimated.
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Intending to insult the modesty of woman (sec 509 IPC) has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 06/10/2009 at 0845 hrs accused one Chakresh Manjeshwara abused one Kaizarana (18) R/o Idya village Mangalore Taluk in filthy language and tried to insult her modesty near Adarsh Hotel at Surathkal Idya village Mangalore Taluk owing to trivial issue.
- A case of Outraging the modesty of woman has been registered in Surathkal Police Station. On 06/10/2009 at 1730 hrs near Agari Enterprises at Idya village Mangalore Taluk accused one unknown person misbehaved with one Radhika (12) R/o Bharathi Nagara Idya village Mangalore Taluk by pulling her hand and thereby outraged her modesty.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 05/10/2009 at 0930 hrs near Hampankatte circle at Mangalore one driver of car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-P-5126 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against one Basava Raju (28) R/o Balambada village Haveri District a pedestrian and caused him simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Sullia Police Station. On 06/10/2009 at 1250 hrs at Jattipalla Sullia Town one Tejakumar driver of jeep bearing Reg. No. KA-12-M-8371 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-05-EH-1044. As a result motorcycle rider Suchethan and Niranjan pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained simple injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Puttur Rural Police Station. On 06/10/2009 at 1630 hrs at Sheik Male Olamogaru village Puttur Taluk one Adul Shameer rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-K-3065 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-8487 driven by Ibrahim R/o Thalapady village Mangalore Taluk. As a result both vehicles got damaged. No causality reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Panambur Police Station. On 05/10/2009 at 2030 hrs at Panambur junction Mangalore one unknown Tipper lorry driver drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against 4 Electric poles and two solar signal lights. As a result 4 Electric poles and two solar lights got damaged. The damage is caused about Rs. 2,06,965,00/. The Tipper lorry driver escaped from the place without stopping his vehicle.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
- A case under Criminal restraint along with Hurt has been registered in Konaje Police Station. On 05/10/2009 at 1815 hrs accused Abdul Satthar, Basheer M, Abdul Khadar and Saddam criminally restrained one Mohammed @ Pitta Mohammed R/o Malara Padavu Pavoor village Mangalore Taluk near his house and assaulted him by hand owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Bantwal Rural Police Station. On 04/10/2009 at 2030 hrs accused Moideen Kunhi, Rafeeq and Siraj criminally restrained one Mohammed (62) R/o Kotekani Sajipanadu village Bantwal Taluk near his house and abused him in filthy language and assaulted him with wooden stick and also gave life threat to him owing to trivial issue.
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 05/10/2009 at 2100 hrs one unknown male aged 35 to 40 yrs committed suicide by jumping from the building at Utility Royal Towers K. S. Rao road Mangalore owing to personal problem.
Missing Persons: Nil
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 252
Fine amounts collected: 29,300/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.