The following are the crimes reported in D. K. District during the last 24 hrs as at 1600 hrs on 23/10/2009.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. In between 1800 hrs of 13/10/2009 and 19/01/2009 accused Chandra Poojary, Ananda Kotian and Ashoka Poojary gained entry into the house belonging to Kavitha (35) R/o Chadavu Kuvettu village Belthangady Taluk by breaking the door lock and committed a theft of gold ornaments worth Rs. 20,000/.
- A case of Burglary has been registered in Venoor Police Station. In between 0100 hrs and 0400 hrs of 22/10/2009 some unknown culprits gained entry into the house belonging to one Sheik Yusuf R/o Kalabhagilu Moodupadukodi village Bantwal Taluk by bearking the door lock and committed a theft of cash Rs. 25,000/, gold ornaments, a Toshiba Laptop and a Nokia mobile all in worth Rs 75,000/.
Ordinary Theft: Nil
Motor Vehicle Theft: Nil
Crime against Women: 02
- A case under Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace, Hurt along with Criminal intimidation has been registered in Venoor Police Station. On 19/10/2009 at 1400 hrs accused Sridhara abused one Sharada (65) R/o Akarrapalke Hosangady village Belthangady Taluk in filthy language near her house and assaulted her with iron rod and also gave life threat to her owing to trivial issue.
- A case under Criminal restraint, Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace along with Outraging modesty of woman has been registered in Uppinangady Police Station. On 21/10/2009 at 1845 hrs accused one Razaq (58) R/o criminally restrained one Srilatha (16) R/o D/o Srinivasa Sheety near Subhash Nagara Nekkilady village Puttur Taluk and and abused her in filthy language and also outraged her modesty by pulling her hand.
Road Traffic Accidents: 04
- A case of Fatal road accident has been registered in Belthangady Police Station. On 22/10/2009 at 1630 hrs at Derlaki Kanyady village Belthangady Taluk one Dayananda rider of motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-J-2580 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against another motorcycle bearing Reg. No. KA-21-E-1083 due which both vehicles capsized. As a result both motorcycle riders sustained serious injuries. Further Dayananda admitted to Govt Hospital at Belthangady where he succumbed to his injuries while under treatment on same day at 1630 hrs.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 22/10/2009 at 1430 hrs at Atthavara Mangalore one Driver of auto rickshaw bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-4900 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and applied the break suddenly due which auto rickshaw capsized. As a result Prabhavathi (51) R/o Marnamikatte Mangalore who was traveling in the said auto rickshaw sustained grievous injuries.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 22/10/2009 at 1810 hrs near Pandeshwara Katte at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-B-7819 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a car bearing Reg. No. KA-19-Z-4152. As a result car got damaged. No causality reported.
- A case of Non Fatal Road accident has been registered in Traffic East Police Station. On 22/10/2009 at 1900 hrs near Krishna Bhavana circle at Mangalore one driver of bus bearing Reg. No. KA-19-C-72 drove his vehicle in a rash and negligent manner and collided against a motorcycle. As a result motorcycle rider Leelarama, and Ushadevi, Neethu (04) and Thrishela (01) pillion rider of said motorcycle sustained grievous injuries.
Cheating/Criminal Breach of Trust: Nil
Attempt to Murder: Nil
Spl. And local laws: Nil
Unnatural Death Report: 01
- A case of Unnatural Death Report has been registered in Mangalore North Police Station. On 22/10/2009 at 1830 hrs one Ravi Moolya (32) R/o Vittal Bantwal Town was fell down at Panjibithilu Mangalore due to heavy drunkness. Further he was admitted to Yenepoya hospital at Mangalore where he was declared dead while under treatment on the same day.
Missing Persons: 01
- A case of Woman missing has been registered in Puttur Town Police Station. One Srikala (28) R/o Nethaji road Padil Mangalore left her house on 21/10/2009 at 0800 hrs and did not return to her house there after. She has been found missing since then.
Preventive Actions: Nil
Motor Vehicle cases booked & Fine Amount collected:
Cases Booked: 209
Fine amounts collected: 20,700/.
For details contact district Control Room on 0824/2220500.